1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

For those with MTO's: How many weeks after payment did you start receiving progress updates?

2. pabloj

pabloj Senior member

Thanks
    When I visited the shop they were very kind, checked on their computer, told me that this model would be in stock again by september and took note of my email.
    Communication was very good and transaction smooth, I had no problem at all, they also support paypal so even payment was super easy.

3. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

What last are these on?

4. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Pictures out the box of the new arrivals in natural light (Pic Heavy) Linea Maestro MTO Austerity Brogue Ben last Dark Brown Naturcalf. Really really impressed [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

Me likey the Ben last. It doesn't look nearly as blockey here as it does on the last comparison pictures.

6. joiji

joiji Senior member

Love them, but the wingtip bit coming up annoys me :/

7. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Must be more pronounced in the pictures as its hardly noticable looking at them !

8. joiji

joiji Senior member

9. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Doesn't look bad, but that is one thing I don't like about wingtips. Wish someone made something like EG Inverness.

10. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

Definitely nitpicking, as these are best looking shoes Meermin has ever made, IMO.

11. goodlensboy

goodlensboy Senior member

Koolest pics around!!! So refreshing, many thx. How's the fit? can you compare fit with JL?

12. kev777

kev777 Senior member

I'm no John Lobb expert as i only have one pair, the Becketts on the 8000 last and these seem to very much be on a par to those as regards width fit. The Meermins on the ben last seem to be slightly longer length wise with about the same amount of toe room. I have the same size in both with both having the Med width.

1 person likes this.
  13. cuponoodles

cuponoodles Senior member

Anyone have experience with their current MTO calf color selection? I'd really like them to do something in green, grey, blue, or more of a chili red. Last time I checked in with them they had run out of a lot of different leather color options.

14. goodlensboy

kev777 - Many thx for quick and helpful info - my first language is not english sorry couldn't explain my point earlier fully

Re fit I meant, how the foot feels while wearing the shoes, leather gently embracing the foot as high end beveled waist ones, or just 'cold' fit as in mid range

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  15. kev777

kev777 Senior member

I dont think I'm the person to ask about this as i have quite high arches and therefore the shoe doesnt "grip" me as much in the waist area. They feel very similar to C&J Handgrades to me in that respect although i can tell the difference in both of these to say the Alfred Sargent Handgrades which have a very narrow waist and are much tighter (snug) in that area. In saying all of that I'm very happy with both the fit and the look of the Ben Last which Meermin call their classic square, it seems to me to be more a soft square in both feel and look. Hope that helps.

1 person likes this.
  16. goodlensboy

Many thanks - useful info :)

Enjoy the great looking shoes!

17. pabloj

pabloj Senior member

I think New Rey, not sure

18. newtoshoes

newtoshoes Well-Known Member

WOW! I love them. They should definitely offer this shoe on their website. Can you say anything about the fit of the Ben last compared to Ama?

It seems that the shoes are rather low in the ball area and quite high in the instep in comparison (that would fit my feet perfectly). Is that true or do the pictures just mislead me?

Best regards

19. kev777

kev777 Senior member

I'm guessing here but according to Meermin the Ama is just wider than the Ben that these are on. I dont think your being mislead but its maybe not quite as much as the picture may suggest.

20. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Finally picked mine up, natural light pictures on Thursday. These came out great. I may do a last comparison as well.

Pictures aren't inverted on my screen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]