1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. The Upright Man

The Upright Man Senior member

I own some Loake Strands which are on the capital last you mentioned. I'm a size 7 UK with them and a size 7 UK in Meermin's Hiro last (also the double monks). I have found that there is slightly more room through the vamp of the Loakes (which is comfortably fixed with an insert) compared to the Hiro last. I have some very slight heel slippage with my Meermin double monks but only when I wear very thin socks. Otherwise, the fit is perfect for me.

If 8 UK fits you in the capital last, I would go with 8 UK for the Hiro last also.

Keep in mind that, as others have mentioned, Meermin leather seems to be quite stiff upon the first few wears - which will obviously also contribute to the heal slippage.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  2. JBMarce21

JBMarce21 Senior member

hey, does anyone own a C&J 348 lasted shoe that could compare it to a new rey last with some pictures? I love the one comparing the 348 to the Hiro, anything like that would be amazing. Thanks in advance fellas, I'm looking to get me some of them suede derbys.

3. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Dude your profile says you live in Tokyo?

Meermin Aoyama Store: 150-0001 Tokyo-to, Shibuya-ku, Jingumae, XXXXXXX
    3 (Japan) · Tel/Fax: 03 (6418) 4891

4. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

When I spoke to Pepe he said it was more tapered in the toe area than the 348 and advised me to go half a size up if the 348 was tight. I have wider feet so I think the New Rey would be a little too tight, but for reguler/narrower feet it should be a good match.

5. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

I generally wear a 9 or 9.5 uk and i went with the 9.5 on the meermins.

The toe box is ok, but I'm not an EE wide guy either.

I'd say go up half a size

6. jko

jko Senior member

Here are my Meermin semi brogues on the New Rey last (UK 8) next to my Lowndes on the 348 last (UK 7.5):

[​IMG]

Even though the New Rey is a half size bigger it's still 1-2 mm shorter than the 348. You definitely need to size up half. The last is a bit lower and narrower than the 348, which suits me fine as I have slender feet (low instep, narrow heels). It fits me better than the 348. I just wish the toe box wasn't quite so narrow — I'd like just a little more wiggle room and the last might be just a little too pointy for my taste.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

wow those look great. Shame the damn last is so narrow as my feet have seemingly widened lately

8. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

Excellent pic & comparisons. I hope the Meermin folk will use this in making recommendations.

9. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

anybody have anything on the ben last?

10. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

+1.000

Would absolutely bought them if the last was as wide as the Hiro with toes more like the New Rey.

11. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Hi Quad cant help im afraid although i have a MTO being made on that last will post as soon as

12. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Double Post.

13. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Were they Victoria's?

14. calidist

calidist Senior member

Shameless bump. I'm itching to full the trigger on some Cordovans but don't want to be the guinea pig [​IMG]

15. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

I know NAMOR should have someone delivered in some weeks. I know for sure I'm going to invest in a pair in not long.

16. Christopher Essex

Christopher Essex Senior member

Is the Meermin model in your picture the 10164 in light brown naturcalf from the Linea Maestro line or is it a MTO model?

Thanks in advance.

17. jko

jko Senior member

18. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

My 2nd MTO is going to be those on the Hiro last. :slayer: Good buy jko, they'll hopefully stretch out after some wear.

19. Christopher Essex

Christopher Essex Senior member

Excellent, thanks again.

I wasn't sure about the color - it looks much better in your photo than on the site.

Also wasn't sure about the number of eyelets on the shoe - 6 sets seems rather extreme. However, the shoe looks fantastic, especially aside the C&J 348, my preferred last from them.

And, as luck would have it, we have the same size feet, so that question has also been answered for me.

Cheers!

20. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

Any word as to whether Meermin plans on opening any NY/ US B&M stores? These pics look amazing, but I really need to try shoes on in person because of my weird shaped feet haha..