Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. poorman

poorman Senior member

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

:crackup:

But for real, rebajas should have started in Spain, may be some sales in store though Hamburg / Spain airfare always seems to be a huge hassle / cost way too much

If treated with suede protector it'd be a great shoe, thinking a pair for myself as well or the nantes grain one. Want to see how the current monks I have wear before buying more though

3. b1os

b1os Senior member

I don't really see anything funny in my post. Are you referring to my one pair C&J? These are my only non-sneaker pair, not the only pair of shoes I wear. I think that is tolerable given that I'll turn 19 in one month. No?

Thanks, stevent, I'll ask them. Shipping is 20€. Shipments in the EU are generally quite fast. But beware shipments out of the EU! I waited like 6 weeks for my last Viccel socks. :brick:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012

4. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

The lol bit is you asking about a sale when they are quite underpriced ATM.

5. Jakezero

Jakezero Senior member

I can only agree that they appear to be underpriced. I would not be surprised to see a sudden price increase in the future.

What surprises me the most is their low MTO upcharge, considering how flexible they are. If their MTO only meant getting to choose leather, lining and sole on a predefined model / last combination I would find the 50€ entirely reasonable, because that is all I would expect at that price, but on top of that we are allowed to choose model and last independently, we can choose welt and if we need a last width that they currently do not have, we can add another 20€ on top for them to create the last. From my understanding it seems that they are open to creating entirely new styles if the customer requests it, such as the Oundle-wannabees gyasih posted.

This is the first time I've bought a MTO shoe, so I've no idea what other makers charge, but I certainly feel that I'm getting a lot more options than I'm paying for.

6. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Agreed, if the Hiro last fits me as well as I hope I'm going to buy quite the lot before a inevitable price rise.

7. b1os

b1os Senior member

Well, some people mentioned a sale, so what's wrong about asking? I will still buy some if there wasn't a sale.

I'm just a bit scared that they don't fit and I'll have to pay shipping thrice. I wear a 10.5UK in the C&J Edgware. So last 348. I'm not sure whether they fit perfectly because I don't have any experience with other lasts, but they never hurt my feet so far, not even after 10 hours of wear with lots of walking. So I guess they fit decently enough. So far I think the New Rey last may fit me best. Will take measurements later on from my feet and Edgwares.
    Or do you think a less pointed toe is better proportioned for "bigger" feet and 6'3"?

8. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Yep, not only that, they will actually be paying you to buy their shoes during the sale period! [​IMG]

9. b1os

b1os Senior member

You're too late to the show. Didn't know parrots lived in Norway.

And JFYI, I was asking because of this post:

Can we get over it now? They don't do sales.

10. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

I posted that half a year ago. Their Madrid store had just opened and sales season was near, so no one knew if they would do sales.

And yes, they don't.

11. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Just a joke!

12. b1os

b1os Senior member

This wasn't meant in a negative way. But it remained unsolved and no one wrote a final "yes they do" or "no they don't", which is why I wanted to get it settled and asked. But apparently I shouldn't have.

So..

"I wear a 10.5UK in the C&J Edgware. So last 348. I'm not sure whether they fit perfectly because I don't have any experience with other lasts, but they never hurt my feet so far, not even after 10 hours of wear with lots of walking. So I guess they fit decently enough. So far I think the New Rey last may fit me best. Will take measurements later on from my feet and Edgwares.
    Or do you think a less pointed toe is better proportioned for "bigger" feet and 6'3"?"

According to the last fitting sheet, Olfe, Hiro & Ben should actually fit better, because they're all E and New Rey is E-.
    The Oxford I'm interested in actually is Olfe or Hiro. The monk is also Hiro, so that should work out, too. The tassle loafers are last "Ron", which isn't listed on the sheet. How does it fit? Apparently it's width E, also. The "boots" are Rui, so EE. I guess I should pass on these because they're likely too wide?

13. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

wow- MTO at 200 EUR? or is it linea maestro price, hence 300 EUR?

14. Jakezero

Jakezero Senior member

They are made to Linea Maestro standards, so 250 + 50 + shipping for standard leather, 290 + 50 + shipping for shell. Not sure how much they charge for their exotic leathers.

15. b1os

b1os Senior member