Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Jaggs

Jaggs Senior member

Emailed with José yesterday and he said the New Ray translates perfectly with Carmina's Inca/Rain. Does anyone have real world experience?

Cheers!

2. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

[​IMG]

As promised, my Meermin double monk review:

Service:
    Outstanding. Sandro and Pepe were great start to finish, always getting back to me within a few hours of receiving my emails. Fit to received in under a week (Boston).

Fit:
    I have rather narrow feet (average arch). For me, I was true to size after converting to UK sizing. The shoes fit me well; I didn't note any causes of concern when walking around my home. Overall, they are comfortable.

Style:
    Great looking shoe. Somewhat chunkier than I envisioned, but by nomeans bulky. I generally prefer "sleek" shoes; these are somewhere in the middle.

Quality:
    Right there with Alden and perhaps CJ (maybe slightly below).

Final verdict:
    I will buy again - get em while you can, tremendous cost vs. value. I mean you can't beat it. No one comes close.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  3. NORE

NORE Senior member

:uhoh:

:laugh:

4. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

I got the Meermin medallion-toe double monks on the New Rey last a couple of months ago in 9.5, & they were the right length, but VERY tight. A couple of weeks ago I got Carmina's wingtip bluchers in green shell on the Rain last in 9.5, & they fit perfectly. Based on this sample size of 2, I think that the New Rey is narrower. That's my 2-eurocents' worth of input.

Nick D.

5. yls2012

yls2012 Active Member

I agree. I wear a half-size larger in the New Rey than in the Inca and Rain lasts.

6. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

okie dokie gents.

Just got the meermin classic chukkas in snuff suede.

nice looking product, fit good in a 10.5 us/9.5 uk. Assembly quality and materials seem to be on par with allen edmonds, if not a little worse. Then again, they are $135 cheaper than the malverns, so...

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

compared to the AE malvern

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

i hate to bring this up but the second pic the bottom shoe looks like the toe is separating from the sole. Tell me its just the angle of the picture.

8. lychyrychy

lychyrychy Senior member

Has anyone returned their shoes from the US? If so how much and which shipping company? Appreciate your answe guys:)

9. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

well, its some sloppy work there, but it doesn't appear to be separating.

Both have it to some extent....I consider it par for the course at this price point.

10. Swede66

Swede66 Senior member

1. Hi,

That's a classic series shoe, right (referring to the double monk)? Haven't pulled the trigger on any order just yet, but are seriously considering it. I would prefer the LM quality, but it is a VERY limited range on their home page, and all on the New Rey last, which is a bit on the long, narrow and pointy side for me.
      I know that I could go the MTO route, and will eventually do, but i would want to try something from them before entering the "point of no return goods".

I am convinced that the Classic range is excellent value for money since it is very inexpensive, but...is it "good enough", price/value relation left aside?

Does this double monk look like a nice, quality shoe on it's own, "absolute" so to say, disregarding price? Or would one be disappointed if your reference is say C&J or AS Exclusives (again, disregarding the excellent price?

Does anyone here own both LM and Classic range shoes? If so, how big a difference are there in finnishing and looks? Also LM has a "hard to believe price", but...I need to see and try a shoe in the flesh before MTO'ing.

Looking forward to hear (read) your response.

11. Jaggs

Jaggs Senior member

Perfect, thanks guys. I am a 13A US and tried on a downsized 11.5 UK on the Inca/Rain in Epaulet in NYC to compensate for my A width and they were prefect, so it sounds like I should go back to normal with a 12 UK on the New Ray.

12. Phreakasa

Phreakasa Member

Hi. Me too, seriously considering to buy.
    How does the Hiro Last compare to the 348 last C&J and the City II from John Lobb?
    I really like these lasts and was looking for something comparable. Something in the between a straight conservative (I'm thinking of the HIro Last) and a very modern (New Rey) Last.
    Would anyone suggest going with the Olfe Last?

13. ddsg

ddsg Well-Known Member

Has anyone ordered the Norvegesses? What exactly about them justifies the 100EUR premium over the standard price?

14. meister

meister Senior member

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  15. Pahreen

Pahreen Well-Known Member

Picked up two pairs for $370 shipped. Given the reputed quality, that price is amazing.