• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No I'm having no further dealings with them, at all, ever!
Adios Meermin!

Ozzy is it really that bad? If you can show a close up pictures that would be great? This is certainly disappointing I am wondering if we have set up expectations too high. But with this being MTO and such a long wait, these flaws should really not happen. Anyways sorry about your experience.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of closeups and yes I may be being picky but my reason for not dealing with them anymore is down to how they responded. I basically complain too much.

Apologies for the picture quality and feel free to shoot me down if I'm being too harsh

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's that and that the sole isn't straight

How do they walk?

If they really don't want to replace them or fix them, then you should post on their instagram page. Publicly shame them on their poor quality and business practices. These things can really hurt a company, especially one that's relying on an online customer base. They should know better though, fixing them will cost them much, much less than the damage that a post like this can do.

Last edited:

konda

Reaction score
I'm only seeing the wing which is around 0.50 cm off center when compared with the center between the eyelets.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm only seeing the wing which is around 0.50 cm off center when compared with the center between the eyelets.

The wing looks ok, and it's purely cosmetic, but the sole does look pretty bad. Seen as the sole is the most vital part of a shoe, I'd be afraid of how they'll hold up.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do they walk?

If they really don't want to replace them or fix them, then you should post on their instagram page. Publicly shame them on their poor quality and business practices. These things can really hurt a company, especially one that's relying on an online customer base. They should know better though, fixing them will cost them much, much less than the damage that a post like this can do.

Tbh I'm not even interested anymore. I've had 4 pairs from them, all LM with 3 of those MTO and they've all had issues to a lesser or greater degree. There comes a point to quit; if only for sanity's sake

Joshua Lee

Reaction score
Wow, bad luck Ozzy, for 330€+, Meermin should be taking these quality control issues way more seriously. I know some people here are used to paying nearly a grand on shoes or more, but within a 300€ (or 450$) price range, you do expect the QC issues to be minimal.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Welp going yo go and cancel my order on RTW. I had ordered 2 pairs. Lol and it is close to the 30 days wait. Lol

This is sad news and frustrating as i have been waiting for new shoes..

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tbh I'm not even interested anymore. I've had 4 pairs from them, all LM with 3 of those MTO and they've all had issues to a lesser or greater degree. There comes a point to quit; if only for sanity's sake

Of course you're not going to order new shoes from them, but it wouldn't hurt to get your brown boots fixed by them. If they won't play nice there's no reason for you to play nice either.

Last edited:

Torsion

Reaction score

I'm worried aswell now! I think they tried delivering earlier..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads