• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to order the country calf boots (Ron last), but getting the size right seems like a gamble! I'm usually UK7-7.5. I have a pair of loake in uk7 on the capital last (pimlico chukka), which is a snug fit in both width and length.

Now, to make it difficult, I want to be able to some times wear thick wool socks in the country boots. Luisa suggested 7.5. On the other hand, a few people in this thread have said they size down 0.5 on the Ron last, saying it fits big. So.. Trust meermin? :happy:

Country calf boot is on Rui last no? Fwiw I was sizing down half on those. (Cancelled :()

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I have a couple of pairs of cordovan loafers, but I use them as beaters all year round
laugh.gif

Benjaminba

Reaction score
Country calf boot is on Rui last no? Fwiw I was sizing down half on those. (Cancelled
frown.gif
)
Right, Rui last! Always get those mixed up. Did you want a snug fit for your boots? (why cancel??
cry.gif
) Perhaps safer to just go with UK7 then, so I can still use them even if I can't wear thick wool socks.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Right, Rui last! Always get those mixed up. Did you want a snug fit for your boots? (why cancel??
cry.gif
) Perhaps safer to just go with UK7 then, so I can still use them even if I can't wear thick wool socks.
I found New Rey just slightly tight in my regular size so went tts in Olfe and half down in Rui to account for the extra width. I cancelled cos I ordered both versions of my group MTO boot and I've got the museum shoes coming on Friday. The other boots were an unjustifiable expense even tho I REALLY want them!!

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LETS DO THIS!!!!! I can't believe I suggested the JL model and opted out of the group buy. Wont miss this one!

I am in for it too as long as we are talking about austerity brogue model like the one shown or the existing austerity brogue from Meermin lineup.

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We have a rerun going of the original MTO if you're regretting it that badly! :D

The original museum calf is nice (I have Lobbs in them). Now, the plum museum calf is a game changer. It's honestly rare to find shoes in it -- always sold out.

Last edited:

steffenbp11

Reaction score
although I am very envious of those, who have just received the MTO in museum calf, I must say that I am very pleased wtih these wholecuts on the Ama last from the classic line. Fits perfectly out of the box ( much better than my Olfes).
Bought a belt in the same leather which is great too:

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If anyone wants to buy a brand new unworn pair of double monks (Hiro last) size 8uk shoot me a PM. Dark brown. Will ship from NYC so you should receive within a couple days. Takes all the risk out of international shipping.

burghler

Reaction score
The original museum calf is nice (I have Lobbs in them). Now, the plum museum calf is a game changer. It's honestly rare to find shoes in it -- always sold out.
I'd be interested in a plum museum run moreso than the hatchgrain (though there's nothing stopping me from participating in both). Already owning austerity brogues, I'd be more interested in an adelaide like below (but in plum museum). It comes together nicely in my imagination but....I can try to render a bunch of different models in the plum museum and hatchgrain if anyone would like?
IMG_3826.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads