1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Just check your email frequently, cause when I cancelled mine a few months ago I still received two emails in which I was told to pay so they can ship the product. I checked the site and the order was cancelled, so I had to reply telling them that I cancelled it.

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^Thanks for the heads up

I will just look elsewhere at other affiliates for some shoes. Wanted to save a few hundred but it's not worth it now hearing all these QC details. I am very picky and it would drive me nuts, too.

I think Meermin is still a small shop, and I still find it ridiculous for waiting 30 days for RTW footwear. It's not RTW if you are waiting for them to make it IMO. Might as well send in foot measurements and get MTO

edit:
    In hindsight, I am glad I did not have to make a payment first (or deposit). Maybe that should be already a telltale sign of their operations/confidence in QC? It sort of is a slight to the customer who waits for footwear paying at a later time and receiving something sub par

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  3. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Check out Kent Wang. Both lines of shoes look great. Smaller selection and maybe a bit more expensive but I have a pair of DC Lewis shoes (I think they make both lines) and they're great

1 person likes this.
  4. Aieyric

Aieyric Senior member

Im probably in , if its NR and double ruber.

5. stevent

stevent Senior member

Toasty go to Wilkes and try on some Carminas, then go to Barneys for some C&J

6. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Guy's trying to save a couple hundred by looking at Meermin and you recommend Carmina and C&J? How does that work out?

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

Both stores put stock on sale, so both shoes would be ~$250 and he said it wasn't worth it to save a bit of money

8. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Excellent shout then! The only place your getting C&J for $250 in the UK is the factory shop! :(

9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Does anyone supply a comparison shot from above for the Rui and AE 5 lasts?
    Or the AE 5 and the Olfe?

Thanks!

10. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Got the light brown boots. FedEx this time vs. UPS, and no import fees (bonus!). No complaints; they look great, except...

...What? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

SF Barney's only carries C&J during the holidays according to the SA I talked to there. Wilkes only has sales in August and January (but good ones; I saw G&Gs under 500, Lobb William for ~600 and Kitons for ~1000 back in August).

12. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

wow

13. kwhunter

kwhunter Senior member

Obviously they have a serious QA system flaw; but... lower cost comes with strings attached so you should not complain

14. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

I'll disagree with this. I'm assuming each pair of shoes gets one last final inspection; how do you miss something like that?

15. sftiger

sftiger Senior member

16. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Damn!

Overall I am happy with the boots. I have both toe plates installed. I also have the shark nose. I may take em to B. Nelson to see if they can do anything.

Light Brown
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dark Brown pair
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

That looks pretty bad. Why does something like that happens?

18. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Why does it appear the upper is going to be detached from the sole in both pairs that I have seen? I hope that was not the actual aesthetic of the boot. kinda scary...

19. FLW

FLW Senior member

Wow. I just checked out this thread on a whim and I must say it essentially demolished my interest in Meermin. That finishing is inexcusable. I know the shoes are inexpensive, but we are still talking hundreds of dollars. Some of these mistakes wouldn't have made it past Wal-Mart QC, I'd say. I'd rather save up and buy better. Too bad.

20. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

The only problem is that meermin is the only place that offers MTO pretty cheap. Everywhere else (carmina, vass etc is hundreds and hundreds extra)