• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CC62B4EB-946C-4FAF-9E17-D1B5E3468EE1.jpeg

BigSkyBean

Reaction score
My foot is 28.5 cm long and i have been sized in 11UK for both grant stone diesel boot and gaziano girling oxfords. Since there is almost no information about the ROD last i emailed Meerim customer service with my precise measurements and they recommended a size 10UK. I know there are variations in sizing between shoemakers but a whole size down seems extreme. If anyone can share their sizing/experience with the ROD last i would greatly appreciate it.

Angel91

Reaction score
I ma 6 UK in rod/hok and tricker’s stow, i emailed grant stone the other day to inquire about my diesel size and they suggested 6,5US… 1 size down seems too much, yes.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^
what he said, also I’ve posted pretty extensively in this thread on my ROD last experience. Perusal through the thread to locate it might be helpful to you.

zurich64

Reaction score
So would you advice to go up a size to accommodate for the thick insert?
You need to try it first. For me, ROD fits fine with thin socks, with HOK in the same size can accommodate thicker socks in winter. I would say ROD is half a size smaller than HOK. HOK fits like Tricker's wide lasts.
Some people are also in between sizes and then ROD may feel tighter than HOK.
I would not recommend removing the insole, but rather going up half size.

c0de

Reaction score
Is there a right way to break Meermin shoes in? I have worn mine for about 5-10 times now 8 hours a day (not daily, few times every week. I'm not sure why but they can't seem to break in.. I am getting a rub/blister on my achilles and last time I wore them I had a blister on my 4th toe (from the cap toe). Sizing seems right, first well, but EXTREMELY hard still.. I do keep them in trees the entire time, if that makes a difference..

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a right way to break Meermin shoes in? I have worn mine for about 5-10 times now 8 hours a day (not daily, few times every week. I'm not sure why but they can't seem to break in.. I am getting a rub/blister on my achilles and last time I wore them I had a blister on my 4th toe (from the cap toe). Sizing seems right, first well, but EXTREMELY hard still.. I do keep them in trees the entire time, if that makes a difference..
Most people say one shouldn’t wear new shoes 8 hours, because it’s pretty much going to ensure blisters. At this point you’ve destroyed your foot by continuing wearing shoes that aren’t working, by very long periods of time. If these shoes fit you as you say, and they are still creating blisters, it’s pretty clear, either that last doesn’t work for you. Or, you’re being a little too aggressive in your breaking in approach.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me personally, as I sit in my shoe room, count 24 pairs of Meermin boots. Not one of them have demonstrated break in issues. Took this pair out today, for their initial wear. Again, no break in issues.
690DDA3E-214F-46C2-8025-09DD2CACFAAF.jpeg

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have the same experience with Meermin shoes unfortunately. Stopped buying them and sold my 5 pairs because of this issue. I tried different lasts and leathers but almost all of them hurt my heels. I think it's because they use quite stiff celastic heel stiffeners.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
My small contribution to the Meermin community here:

Meermin Shell Cordovan Wholecut Chelsea Boots Review: Misunderstandings, Understandings, and Achievements – Part I (unboxing)

Part II with factory shots and further info on the new model from a Meermin insider is coming soon.

IMG_4146.JPG
IMG_4184.jpeg
IMG_4195.jpeg
IMG_4144.jpeg
IMG_4727.JPG

Cheers!

Frozenhaze

Reaction score
I have the same experience with Meermin shoes unfortunately. Stopped buying them and sold my 5 pairs because of this issue. I tried different lasts and leathers but almost all of them hurt my heels. I think it's because they use quite stiff celastic heel stiffeners.

I must say that it's a pity that they use those celastic heel stiffeners. They tend to break in small "plastic" pieces after moderate wear. I discovered this when the heel stitching fell apart on my jumper boots and the pieces of the heel stiffener were exposed and fell out between the joint. I hope they stop using that celastic material in the future, the material just isn't robust enough.

ACLC

Reaction score
My Brown shell jumper boots from Black Friday sales came in today. the left shoe has tiny dots/scratches on it as per pictures below. Anything I can do to fix this?
406DDAF9-2E3F-4E2C-8E84-8B858DD060A9.jpeg

283526D9-61B1-4D17-8D08-74263D6B6C45.jpeg
49CC6AC2-4B0D-4D90-B833-77FB9B10748E.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads