• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So would you advice to go up a size to accommodate for the thick insert?
Yeah the ROD last is a tricky one. I can’t comment on their fit, in terms of a pair of loafers, because I only have the ROD in boots. The fit for boots and loafers can be very different for many peoples feet. My experience with the ROD last is, I can’t use my normal UK8.5 for every Meermin last, with HOK being he only exception. For the HOK I use a UK8, which also for the ROD last does not work for my foot. UK8.5 is as too tight with inserts too big without, for my foot the UK8 works, but only with inserts removed. As mentioned however, this requires a heel pad to be glued in, to protect the heel from the hardware that keeps the heel in place.

GuyLab

Reaction score
Got my horsebutt “norvagese” boots. Pleased with appearance/construction. But, again sad at Meermin’s failure to produce a boot which would, as the ad for the boot said, “develop an aggressive & interesting patina over time.”

The boots are clearly treated with a polish or dye of some sort, that eliminates any chance of aggressive or interesting patina over time. 😢 The images don’t capture how dark they actually are.
View attachment 1817097
View attachment 1817098
Really curious to see how these evolve. They don't seem to have the same variation and grain marks as horsebutt from Maryam but they nonetheless look fantastic

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really curious to see how these evolve. They don't seem to have the same variation and grain marks as horsebutt from Maryam but they nonetheless look fantastic
Yeah I’m curious how they will develop over time as well. I have a few natural HB spread across my collection from other makers, and they’ve really patina’d nicely. I am very disappointed how dark this pair is, I wouldn’t classify them as natural. But, the execution in terms of build quality, is the best pair I’ve personally received from them. And I’ve got a few pairs in the shoe room.

GuyLab

Reaction score
Yeah I’m curious how they will develop over time as well. I have a few natural HB spread across my collection from other makers, and they’ve really patina’d nicely. I am very disappointed how dark this pair is, I wouldn’t classify them as natural. But, the execution in terms of build quality, is the best pair I’ve personally received from them. And I’ve got a few pairs in the shoe room.
I found the makeup amazing when I saw it on mto, with the norvegese stitch, but a tad expensive for me. I don't know if that's just me but I feel like QC has improved besides loose threads and glue, recently received a custom cxl pair and everything was on point, albeit a few minor scuffs on the leather, but that's cxl

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found the makeup amazing when I saw it on mto, with the norvegese stitch, but a tad expensive for me. I don't know if that's just me but I feel like QC has improved besides loose threads and glue, recently received a custom cxl pair and everything was on point, albeit a few minor scuffs on the leather, but that's cxl
I agree, the stitching is quite a bit better than what I’ve seen from Meermin. Most of the time their norvagese is really bad, and honestly it’s the one concern I had when I ordered them. This pair’s stitch quality is like a pair of derbies from their linea maestro collection, that I purchased back in like 2013. It’s not Enzo Bonafe, but I have to say it is really good

Angel91

Reaction score
I spoke with meermin in Madrid to confirm the size, they said to go down 0.5 from hiro for the rod.
I was wondering, what do you guys think about this leather in terms of versatility? Is it going to be difficult to pull of compared to a darker colour? It’s the gaucho waxy kudu.

Attachments

• AE5F910A-9CE2-47EE-B49C-C8CC43A7A586.jpeg
    AE5F910A-9CE2-47EE-B49C-C8CC43A7A586.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 161

Usonian

Reaction score
I spoke with meermin in Madrid to confirm the size, they said to go down 0.5 from hiro for the rod.
I was wondering, what do you guys think about this leather in terms of versatility? Is it going to be difficult to pull of compared to a darker colour? It’s the gaucho waxy kudu.
depending on your foot size i'm not entirely sure i'd agree with this. I've ordered hiro for pretty much all my meermin, and ordered the same for my rod, and i definitely wouldn't have sized down. I 'm blanking on the one that they did recommend I size down on (it was for that custom loafers event last year) and those guys juuuuust barely fit. they fit, but i would have been much happier with just ordering the same size... worst thing that happens if you order the same size is that you can put in a tongue pad or wear slightly thicker socks.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Meermin shell at its best.

P.S. lucky to be able to get a pre-production sample

P.P.S.wholecut “shellseas” aren’t something common - at least not anywhere on the RTW market

32AD027C-5265-42F7-8C37-F928EFAF6E92.jpeg ED00F3DF-9345-4A0C-83E8-6CF2984B09F5.jpeg 2769B4C7-C813-4BB0-A3E4-10F85C5C00F7.jpeg A7E4B8D1-A3A4-4F1F-9FD6-1B4E19F0F731.jpeg 8E9F6211-8244-437C-965F-00C30E1022EA.jpeg

Usonian

Reaction score
Meermin shell at its best.

P.S. lucky to be able to get a pre-production sample

P.P.S.wholecut “shellseas” aren’t something common - at least not anywhere on the RTW market

well goddamn these are lovely, how'd you get pre-production samples? are they making these guys RTW or for an upcoming MTO? been on the lookout for a decent pair since i was just ogling my friends RM Williams the other week but don't feel like spending that much money currently... although i guess then i'd go and spend that much on shell chelseas from meermin, so maybe i'm just stupid. oh well!

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Wore my green waxy commander wingtip boots for a dinner last night....was gonna take a pic but then dropped some watermelon on the boots and forgot. The waxy surface appears to have simply laughed at the watermelon

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
well goddamn these are lovely, how'd you get pre-production samples? are they making these guys RTW or for an upcoming MTO? been on the lookout for a decent pair since i was just ogling my friends RM Williams the other week but don't feel like spending that much money currently... although i guess then i'd go and spend that much on shell chelseas from meermin, so maybe i'm just stupid. oh well!

It’s really a special opportunity… my friend knows someone in the production team, we discussed* about “dream models” and it happened…

Horween shell… chelsea… wholecut… supremely neat chained Norwegian… what else? 😬

From what I understand, the plan is to get approval from Spain HQ to have a special launch for the model. They could announce it by end

* the discussion did include how similar orders (wholecut shell chelseas), despite initially being accepted, failed to be made eventually at Meermin’s “family rival” 😂😂😂

Attachments

• A351DEC7-A6F1-4FEC-B85C-F9DDDB59432F.jpeg
    A351DEC7-A6F1-4FEC-B85C-F9DDDB59432F.jpeg
    424.3 KB · Views: 361

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted before (I think) in this thread. I have a pair of Burgundy Adelaide dress shoes on the Elton last in size 8UK
Style 101320.

Worn 10 times. Sizing did not work out. I"m willing to sell it for $100 plus shipping. Can provide pics if interested. They have been sitting since last summer in the box

Does Meermin not post on here anymore?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads