• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

jaeexen

Reaction score
Just a comment on your review, this is what the description on the web page says about soles: "(...) Made just using the finest French boxcalf & finished with single leather closed channel soles."

This is the image that depict the soles: no rubber in the description or image provided...

Ah, okay. So they had it correct in the "DETAILS". I was looking at this section, where it says "Sole: Rubber". See image below. Either way, not a big deal for me.

Untitled.png

krudsma

Reaction score
Any word on how often they have sales or discount codes? I'm going to pick up a pair of their unlined loafers but not sure if I should get them now or wait and see if they do a memorial day promotion.

krspdla

Reaction score
Any word on how often they have sales or discount codes? I'm going to pick up a pair of their unlined loafers but not sure if I should get them now or wait and see if they do a memorial day promotion.
I’ve never seen a sale from Meermin. Occasionally they do free international shipping but that’s as good as it gets.

pickergc

Reaction score
I emailed Meermin and they no longer offer resoling service.

Any recommendations for shoe repair service in the con-US?

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
I wish Meermin offered loafers in EEE width.

Usonian

Reaction score
Steve from Bedo's Leatherworks in Virginia.
this is fantastic to hear, because I live within walking distance of his shop, but have yet to go in...

also, does anyone have any of the wine suede? those unlined loafer MTOs are really tempting me...

also, meermin should aboslutely offer an unlined version of the current MTO chukka they have. I'd buy like a million pairs.

dluce76

Reaction score
For an entry level shoe like meermin, not sure I could justify the workmanship that Steve at Bedo puts into his craft (I watch all his YouTube videos). The prices he quotes sometimes in his videos are more than two pairs of meermins (but for big complete refurb jobs).

I've mailed shoes to myshoehospital in Austin and had great results at a great price.

Usonian

Reaction score
For an entry level shoe like meermin, not sure I could justify the workmanship that Steve at Bedo puts into his craft (I watch all his YouTube videos). The prices he quotes sometimes in his videos are more than two pairs of meermins (but for big complete refurb jobs).

I've mailed shoes to myshoehospital in Austin and had great results at a great price.
69 bucks for a full resole? that seems incredibly cheap... like suspiciously so. they do full GYW resoles?

jaeexen

Reaction score
Anybody know if the Rui last has the same high arch big bump in the middle of the shoe that the Hiro has?

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Anybody know if the Rui last has the same high arch big bump in the middle of the shoe that the Hiro has?
Not sure what you mean but I prefer Rui over Hiro. I sized the same (8 UK) but Rui feels more generous.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.