• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brandy shell loafers
23910DD2-D106-45A1-9EB5-89E4AF810FB2.jpeg

krudsma

Reaction score
Any word on how often they have sales or discount codes? I'm going to pick up a pair of their unlined loafers but not sure if I should get them now or wait and see if they do a memorial day promotion.

krspdla

Reaction score
Any word on how often they have sales or discount codes? I'm going to pick up a pair of their unlined loafers but not sure if I should get them now or wait and see if they do a memorial day promotion.

I’ve never seen a sale from Meermin. Occasionally they do free international shipping but that’s as good as it gets.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
I wish Meermin offered loafers in EEE width.

Usonian

Reaction score
Steve from Bedo's Leatherworks in Virginia.
this is fantastic to hear, because I live within walking distance of his shop, but have yet to go in...

also, does anyone have any of the wine suede? those unlined loafer MTOs are really tempting me...

also, meermin should aboslutely offer an unlined version of the current MTO chukka they have. I'd buy like a million pairs.

dluce76

Reaction score
For an entry level shoe like meermin, not sure I could justify the workmanship that Steve at Bedo puts into his craft (I watch all his YouTube videos). The prices he quotes sometimes in his videos are more than two pairs of meermins (but for big complete refurb jobs).

I've mailed shoes to myshoehospital in Austin and had great results at a great price.

Usonian

Reaction score
For an entry level shoe like meermin, not sure I could justify the workmanship that Steve at Bedo puts into his craft (I watch all his YouTube videos). The prices he quotes sometimes in his videos are more than two pairs of meermins (but for big complete refurb jobs).

I've mailed shoes to myshoehospital in Austin and had great results at a great price.
69 bucks for a full resole? that seems incredibly cheap... like suspiciously so. they do full GYW resoles?

jaeexen

Reaction score
Anybody know if the Rui last has the same high arch big bump in the middle of the shoe that the Hiro has?

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Anybody know if the Rui last has the same high arch big bump in the middle of the shoe that the Hiro has?
Not sure what you mean but I prefer Rui over Hiro. I sized the same (8 UK) but Rui feels more generous.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Shell wingtip boots on Rui last. Sunday boot care day this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20190605_122532951_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190605_122532951_HDR.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 510

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads