• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Matching laptop bag with shoes?

kev647

Reaction score

... seeing as brown and black notoriously don't go together...
With the exception of the LV Macassar line. Black leather trim with their signature monogram brown canvas and silver hardware. I think it goes well with both brown and black leather shoes.

CSantos

Reaction score
Ooooh, great idea! I hadn't thought about natural leather. Ok, I will give that a try; see what is out there.

I might just bring 2 pairs of shoes with me to the bag section of a dept. store and try them out with the bags and see which one matches the best with both black and brown shoes.

Thanks for the suggestion and thanks to everyone else who chimed in!

CSantos

Reaction score
I must say I do love the combo here; http://www.thinkcontra.com/lv-macassar-for-men/

Thanks for mentioning it. Except I am not a huge LV fan and that bag is way too gay even for me; and I am gay. loooool I don't need any more help, thank you very much. ;)

I wonder if there is another more traditional line that combines both colors. That would be ideal.

kev647

Reaction score

I must say I do love the combo here; http://www.thinkcontra.com/lv-macassar-for-men/

Thanks for mentioning it. Except I am not a huge LV fan and that bag is way too gay even for me; and I am gay. loooool I don't need any more help, thank you very much. ;)

I wonder if there is another more traditional line that combines both colors. That would be ideal.
Hahaha. And I am actually straight...lol. Should I reevaluate the message I'm sending to others if I end up getting that bag??

CSantos

Reaction score
Ha! Nah, I am sure you could pull it off. Without getting into gay/straight politics, I have seen some straight men that over do it, the whole "metrosexual" thing and its a huge turn off, but then there are some straight, confident men that would go the non-traditional route, for example, with a bag like that and STILL look masculine.

I am not feminine in the least (in gestures, that is) but at the same time, because I have small features, not too tall, some would say I have "pretty boy" features, so if I used a bag like that, I'd get either ****** kicked or look overly gay; hence why I said I didn't need the help. LOOOL

But it sure is a beautiful combination and if you hadn't shown me an example of where black and brown actually does look good together, I would never have considered it! Thanks.

Now go buy that bag! :)

Needsmoreshoes

Reaction score
With the exception of the LV Macassar line. Black leather trim with their signature monogram brown canvas and silver hardware. I think it goes well with both brown and black leather shoes.
Actually I'm glad you said that; I think that black and brown leather (such as the aforementioned black trim) can go together really well - I was merely addressing the general consensus towards matching black and brown.

kev647

Reaction score

Ha! Nah, I am sure you could pull it off. Without getting into gay/straight politics, I have seen some straight men that over do it, the whole "metrosexual" thing and its a huge turn off, but then there are some straight, confident men that would go the non-traditional route, for example, with a bag like that and STILL look masculine.

I am not feminine in the least (in gestures, that is) but at the same time, because I have small features, not too tall, some would say I have "pretty boy" features, so if I used a bag like that, I'd get either ****** kicked or look overly gay; hence why I said I didn't need the help. LOOOL

But it sure is a beautiful combination and if you hadn't shown me an example of where black and brown actually does look good together, I would never have considered it! Thanks.

Now go buy that bag! :)
Hahaha. I think I will. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really think it matters. The only leathers I make an effort to match are belt and shoes. My wallet is navy, my laptop bag brown and most of my brace attachments black, yet I wear a variety of brown shoes (from sand to chestnut to chocolate) as well as black ones.

Finally, for the love of all that is holy, unless you are a policeman or airline pilot, please don't do the tie-sans-jacket look (especially with dress pants). A jacket without a tie is the same level of formality but would never risk you being confused with one who sells cell phones at a mall kiosk, traffics in pre-owned vehicles without a warranty or is a recently promoted assistant supervisor at RiteAid.

CSantos

Reaction score
Maybe you were looking at a previous post about me wanting to wear a tie and dress pants to a design firm interview? :)

Actually, I just learned elsewhere online that one ideally should not wear a shirt/tie without a jacket to an interview; sports coat or suit jacket, so I am glad you confirmed that fashion rule.

I dont plan on getting a suit because a few designers I have chatted with say it's not necessary for our profession, but I will get a sports coat (a summery one) to go with my shirt and tie and slacks.

I will carry it over my shoulder and only wear it when i get to the interview because, as it stands, its going to get really hot soon here in NYC!

Thanks for the other advice as well about bags. I think I might invest in a dark chocolate messenger that i can wear with both black shoes and brown ones. :)

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe you were looking at a previous post about me wanting to wear a tie and dress pants to a design firm interview?  :)

Actually, I just learned elsewhere online that one ideally should not wear a shirt/tie without a jacket to an interview; sports coat or suit jacket, so I am glad you confirmed that fashion rule.

I dont plan on getting a suit because a few designers I have chatted with say it's not necessary for our profession, but I will get a sports coat (a summery one) to go with my shirt and tie and slacks.

I will carry it over my shoulder and only wear it when i get to the interview because, as it stands, its going to get really hot soon here in NYC!

Thanks for the other advice as well about bags. I think I might invest in a dark chocolate messenger that i can wear with both black shoes and brown ones.  :)

Well, if weather is a concern, perhaps a vest instead of a jacket? And if you're afraid the jacket/tie is too formal then could you perhaps do dark jeans/jacket/knit tie, or are these not jeans environments?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads