1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Matching laptop bag with shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CSantos, May 17, 2012.

1. Needsmoreshoes

Needsmoreshoes Senior member

Actually I'm glad you said that; I think that black and brown leather (such as the aforementioned black trim) can go together really well - I was merely addressing the general consensus towards matching black and brown.

2. kev647

kev647 Member

Hahaha. I think I will. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

I don't really think it matters. The only leathers I make an effort to match are belt and shoes. My wallet is navy, my laptop bag brown and most of my brace attachments black, yet I wear a variety of brown shoes (from sand to chestnut to chocolate) as well as black ones.

Finally, for the love of all that is holy, unless you are a policeman or airline pilot, please don't do the tie-sans-jacket look (especially with dress pants). A jacket without a tie is the same level of formality but would never risk you being confused with one who sells cell phones at a mall kiosk, traffics in pre-owned vehicles without a warranty or is a recently promoted assistant supervisor at RiteAid.

4. MJP2448

MJP2448 Well-Known Member

5. CSantos

CSantos Member

Maybe you were looking at a previous post about me wanting to wear a tie and dress pants to a design firm interview? :)

Actually, I just learned elsewhere online that one ideally should not wear a shirt/tie without a jacket to an interview; sports coat or suit jacket, so I am glad you confirmed that fashion rule.

I dont plan on getting a suit because a few designers I have chatted with say it's not necessary for our profession, but I will get a sports coat (a summery one) to go with my shirt and tie and slacks.

I will carry it over my shoulder and only wear it when i get to the interview because, as it stands, its going to get really hot soon here in NYC!

Thanks for the other advice as well about bags. I think I might invest in a dark chocolate messenger that i can wear with both black shoes and brown ones. :)

6. TimelesStyle

Was that in reference to my post? Not sure what was so offensive about it...

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  7. TimelesStyle

Well, if weather is a concern, perhaps a vest instead of a jacket? And if you're afraid the jacket/tie is too formal then could you perhaps do dark jeans/jacket/knit tie, or are these not jeans environments?