• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Match color of leather gloves to…?

FrankieG

Reaction score
I’m assuming the ‘norm’ when wearing leather gloves, is to match them roughly to the color of your shoes.

Are there any other/different ways of using the color of your gloves to good effect, for example complement color of hat, scarf or tie, and not necessarily shoes?

Are there any absolute no-no’s?

tommygunn1986

Reaction score
I say match gloves to coat. It makes more sense than to match to shoes and belt.

johng70

Reaction score
no need to match gloves to a belt or even to shoes. They should be coordinated with the coat (just like a scarf or hat) People won't see a belt. They don't have to match, just be coordinated. For example, I wear a bark colored (redish brown) gloves with my navy pea coat. Any color scarf or hat I wear that coordinates with the blue coat will also coordinate with the gloves. My dark charcoal overcoat I wear black gloves. I don't wear a different overcoat just because I'm wearing walnut shoes. And walnut gloves would look odd against the dark coat. The black gloves look better with the dark coat than the brown do even though the brown are a better match for the shoes.

FrankieG

Reaction score
no need to match gloves to a belt or even to shoes. They should be coordinated with the coat (just like a scarf or hat) People won't see a belt. They don't have to match, just be coordinated. For example, I wear a bark colored (redish brown) gloves with my navy pea coat. Any color scarf or hat I wear that coordinates with the blue coat will also coordinate with the gloves. My dark charcoal overcoat I wear black gloves. I don't wear a different overcoat just because I'm wearing walnut shoes. And walnut gloves would look odd against the dark coat. The black gloves look better with the dark coat than the brown do even though the brown are a better match for the shoes.
Good insight. Thank you!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.