• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration)

From which fabrics would you be interested in making a tie? See swatches below.

• A1

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • A2

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • A3

• A4

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • A5

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • A6

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • A7

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • A8

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • A9

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • A10

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • A11

Votes: 25 18.9%
  • A12

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • A13

Votes: 33 25.0%
  • A14

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • A15

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • A16

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • B1

Votes: 24 18.2%
  • B2

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • B3

• B4

• B5

• B6

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • B7

• B8

Votes: 22 16.7%
  • B9

• B10

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • B11

• B12

Votes: 63 47.7%
  • B13

Votes: 21 15.9%
  • B14

Votes: 39 29.5%
  • B15

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • B16

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrTRC

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been stated elsewhere but i'd strongly prefer if the ties were in the 9cm (even 9.25 cm) range. Sorry you skinny chested brethren.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I voted for the girl with the biggest ****.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More info about the width and whether these will be made with Ed's standard tie pattern would be helpful. Haven't decided which to vote for yet. A16 and B15 both seem nice and like colors one doesn't see often.

dRm0j0

Reaction score
I'm interested in these but I'm skinny as hell so I would require a tie width of approx. 2.75 - 2.9 inches. Will that be an option for this? Also, any idea what the approx. cost would be?

Thanks

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Apologies if this has been stated elsewhere but i'd strongly prefer if the ties were in the 9cm (even 9.25 cm) range. Sorry you skinny chested brethren.

Ditto

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Regarding cost - this isn't finalized and will ultimately depend on how much participation we see (the more people in the group buy, the better the cost). Either way, I think there should be some solid costs savings off of the original price.

Regarding width - I know that Panta's default width is 8cm. I can see if it's possible to have two widths since these will be MTO, but I don't want to promise that yet. Either way, I doubt there would be with options less than 8 or more than 9 cm (ish).

I know none of that is very concrete, but I will have more detail as this gets farther along. Getting really excited already!

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool idea, just voted. I'd prefer 9cm as well if possible.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For those wondering about widths, I spoke with Ed and as of right now we're planning on offering two (most likely 8cm and 9cm).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those wondering about widths, I spoke with Ed and as of right now we're planning on offering two (most likely 8cm and 9cm).
To clarify, is that 8 cm and 9 cm for each makeup, to order, or would the group have to choose a specific width for any particular pattern? (e.g., B12 8cm would be one makeup, B12 9cm would be another, or would it just be B12, and 8 or 9 cm would be up to the customer?)

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd just like to reiterate how incredibly happy this makes me. Brillopad, when do you think you'll move these over to MassDrop? Right now it looks like we have eight clear frontrunners and four/five others battling for the last two slots.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9cm all day...

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To clarify, is that 8 cm and 9 cm for each makeup, to order, or would the group have to choose a specific width for any particular pattern? (e.g., B12 8cm would be one makeup, B12 9cm would be another, or would it just be B12, and 8 or 9 cm would be up to the customer?)

Good point. As of right now I think that width and fabric will be two independent choices. As you know, though, we will want to keep the overall number of options low as to keep the order simple (which will ultimately be faster and cheaper). So right now we're envisioning two width choices, four fabric choices, and that's it.

I'd just like to reiterate how incredibly happy this makes me. Brillopad, when do you think you'll move these over to MassDrop? Right now it looks like we have eight clear frontrunners and four/five others battling for the last two slots.

Right now the rough schedule is that this will go up on Massdrop last week of this month, order will be placed very beginning of September, and then delivery a few weeks after that. Since the factories in Italy are closed for the month of August, there's no real advantage to getting this up ASAP (otherwise I would!). I should have more clarity on the details of the drop next week.

Thanks for the votes and comments, everyone. I'm very excited to make this happen soon!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads