• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Massdrop x Carmina Semi-Brogue Oxford

M3LCHOR

Reaction score
Anyone here not get their order yet?
I got all of the emails from Massdrop regarding the anticipated shipping date but never got the shoes.

FFFC303A-3307-49BF-A66A-5D2E467EF62A.jpeg

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here not get their order yet?
I got all of the emails from Massdrop regarding the anticipated shipping date but never got the shoes.

Did you get the tracking number?

When I had got the email it had the tracking number in it and when you log into your MD account it should be also under your orders.

jjflash78

Reaction score
Still looking to sell my brown 11eeuks
Anyone interested, give me a pm.

Got my 10eeuks from Bond today. Fit as expected, so thanks for that B.

Dd1101

Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of 9.5EE for sale. I sold my 10.5EE for a good price to help another member out but all the prices I am getting are ridiculous considering we are all getting refunds.

ecworks

Reaction score
I thought this offer included beechwood shoe trees?

"And to keep your shoes in top condition, every order includes a pair of Carmina’s red velvet dust bags and sized shoe trees. Designed to help maintain shape, prevent creasing, and promote longevity, the shoe trees also wick moisture (and with it, odor) away from the leather. Made from beechwood, they’re fitted with knobs for easy removal"

Mine don't look like beechwood, more like cedar:

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg

greenhouse

Reaction score
I thought this offer included beechwood shoe trees?

"And to keep your shoes in top condition, every order includes a pair of Carmina’s red velvet dust bags and sized shoe trees. Designed to help maintain shape, prevent creasing, and promote longevity, the shoe trees also wick moisture (and with it, odor) away from the leather. Made from beechwood, they’re fitted with knobs for easy removal"

Mine don't look like beechwood, more like cedar:

Yeah, now that I think about it mine were cedar, too. Honestly do not care as cedar wicks better than beechwood (I think... Perhaps I am wrong about this and there is no discernible difference), controls odor better, and obviously performs as well as anything else for keeping shape. Only downsides are that it can have too strong a smell and could leave some residue on the lining. The trees I got had a very mild scent, so I am not worried about residual odor/oils.

Last edited:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It smelled like cedar to me - which I like.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Hi, did most everyone get missized or were some orders correctly sized in US sizing? Just wondering because both mine and my friend's fit fine, and we both ordered based on our US sizing. Just wanted to know if I need to reconsider sizing if I order Carminas again. Thanks for any and all insight!

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, did most everyone get missized or were some orders correctly sized in US sizing? Just wondering because both mine and my friend's fit fine, and we both ordered based on our US sizing. Just wanted to know if I need to reconsider sizing if I order Carminas again. Thanks for any and all insight!

I think we all got the wrong size. What exactly is on your boxes and on the bottom of your shoes?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Both my shoe and my box say 6.5EE. I ordered 6.5D. I was informed earlier in this thread that Carmina's EE is the same as a US D. I normally take a US7/EU39 for sneakers, but I find some dress shoes to be a bit too loose in the heel, so I tried sizing down to a 6.5D (EU38.5 according to their sizing chart) because a lot of posters said the Rain last has a high instep.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's odd. Do you have a wide foot?

Rain is one of Carmina's wider lasts midfoot+toebox along with Forest. The others are substantially more narrow.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both my shoe and my box say 6.5EE. I ordered 6.5D. I was informed earlier in this thread that Carmina's EE is the same as a US D. I normally take a US7/EU39 for sneakers, but I find some dress shoes to be a bit too loose in the heel, so I tried sizing down to a 6.5D (EU38.5 according to their sizing chart) because a lot of posters said the Rain last has a high instep.

So in the Carmina world a 6.5EE converts to a US 7.5D. So like us all sounds like you ordered in your US size and got the UK size. So if you like the fit of that shoe you need to order the same size as you have UK 6.5EE.

IMO the conversion is not a true whole size for example I wear a US 10D but I find it a tiny bit loose, but I cannot wear a 9.5D to tight. So that would make me a 9EE in UK size and those fit spot on not loose at all. So I believe it is more of a .75 diff since the 9EE fits me so well it's like a US 9.75D.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads