• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Massdrop x Carmina Semi-Brogue Oxford

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very interested in either brown or black in UK7. PM if you have a pair to sell.

ecworks

Reaction score
Harley from Massdrop reached out this afternoon to let me know they refunded the full amount for my shoes, I already have the funds in my bank account.

Real shame, the shoes fit great in the toe box but around the ankle they are way too big, there is zero gap between the laces when tied tightly so there is no room to pull things in using the laces.

Aside from the generosity of their offer to make it right I have to say that it was a brilliant move that I did not anticipate.
In one fell swoop they dropped 100,000 gallons of water on a brush-fire that was picking up momentum.
This should be taught in business schools.
I'm sure this was not an inexpensive decision but the long term benefits are huge.
These days on-line businesses live and die by their customer service and on-line reputation.

Thank You Massdrop!

Mark,

Last edited:

Tribal

Reaction score
I get mine tonight - fingers crossed!

Agreed: Massdrop and Carmina come out of this looking pretty good. If your shoes fit, they're basically free. If not, and you take the refund, you can then sell your shoes for a nice profit.

I was thinking that something like a coupon would be sufficient. This is impressive...although I have to admit I'm hesitant to order European shoes from them again.

purpleporing

Reaction score
I probably wouldn't order another pair of shoes but I've ordered other stuff from them before and they've all worked out great. From my perspective this screw-up was an anomaly and they fixed it. I opted for a replacement, so if I sell my oversized pair I'll end up with a pair of nice Carminas for nominal cost (and a long wait, but that's okay).

Normally I'd probably have opted for a refund, but the deal on these (with shoe trees & JR soles) were really good.

DeathandTaxes

Reaction score
Silver lining for me on the Massdrop sizing mistake: my pair arrived with a noticeable gouge in the upper that would have merited a separate contact to Massdrop for a replacement/return. I have purchased three other pairs of Carminas and none show such obvious defects.
20171024_223500.jpg 20171024_223430.jpg

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Silver lining for me on the Massdrop sizing mistake: my pair arrived with a noticeable gouge in the upper that would have merited a separate contact to Massdrop for a replacement/return. I have purchased three other pairs of Carminas and none show such obvious defects.
View attachment 863814 View attachment 863816

WOW that's unusual as all the shoes were quality inspected by Massdrop, I wonder how that made it past them?

ROTFL

Tribal

Reaction score
So my pair is 9-EEE (UK). I have another pair in Rain last in 8.5-EE (UK) that is a little tight, so I sized up for this order.

Putting the two side-by-side...they're exactly the same length (and if I had to declare one longer, I'd say it's the size 8.5 by a speck of two).

Now, Massdrop and Carmina have already gone above-and-beyond, and deserve full praise for that. I just wonder if I'm missing something re sizing.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well in the end I think we will all be mostly satisfied. I managed to get a pair in my size from Sandspider (9EE) and I found jjflash78 who needed the 10EE I was sent. So we did even swaps splitting the shipping and both are in the mail, I should get my pair tomorrow and jjflash78 should get his Friday.

I say mostly since the guys at the extreme sizing ends will not be able to find ppl to swap with, where all us in the middle can. Now for sure we all did a lot of screaming, I did for sure, but the results were far beyond what we all expected. Now I don't know the details of who ate the cost of all these shoes. Was it Massdrop... was it Carmina... maybe half and half no idea. But I can tell you before this I had vowed to never ever get involved with another Massdrop. But even though this was really a total mess, I have to say what they did in the end pushed me back to being a customer of Massdrop. Like I said I wish I knew who ate the cost since that is the true champion here.

So Massdrop and Carmina... Well Played Bravo!!!

hanjz

Reaction score
I have a 11EE UK in Brown from the Massdrop x Carmina drop for sale.

PM if interested. I'm located in the US.

Last edited:

billsayers

Reaction score
Anyone here not get their order yet?
I got all of the emails from Massdrop regarding the anticipated shipping date but never got the shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads