• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marquez-pacquiao III

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
congratulations Marquez on winning despite being a heavy underdog, odds had manny at -1000 :slayer:

Last edited:

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

....and Floyd's still a ***** for dodging him.
Your glorified puncher was exposed by a 38 year old last night who happened to be a heavy underdog. Too bad you're not even a boxing fan and don't know how to give the big time underdog credit.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your glorified puncher was exposed by a 38 year old last night who happened to be a heavy underdog. Too bad you're not even a boxing fan and don't know how to give the big time underdog credit.

I like how Manny was "exposed" because he had a tough time against Marquez but when Floyd arguably lost to the 35 yo De La Hoya, that Manny subsequently destroyed, it was because "the refs were out to get him".

TyCoon is the purest homer. Non-objective and unable to even attempt an intelligent debate. If he's in this thread, it won't end well.

The bottom line is that PBF has dominated fighters that Manny hasn't, and Manny has dominated fighters that PBF hasn't. To categorically state that PBF will now roll Manny in an eventual showdown because of last night's result is as nonsensical as when people were saying Manny would pummel PBF after he knocked out Ricky Hatton.

Last edited:

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like how Manny was "exposed" because he had a tough time against Marquez but when Floyd arguably lost to the 35 yo De La Hoya, that Manny subsequently destroyed, it was because "the refs were out to get him".
TyCoon is the purest homer. Non-objective and unable to even attempt an intelligent debate. If he's in this thread, it won't end well.
The bottom line is that PBF has dominated fighters that Manny hasn't, and Manny has dominated fighters that PBF hasn't. To categorically state that PBF will now roll Manny in an eventual showdown because of last night's result is as nonsensical as when people were saying Manny would pummel PBF after he knocked out Ricky Hatton.

Learn how to score fights and get back to me, or just keep mumbling on you might get something right.

Let see what Marquez faced coming into this fight:

1) He was old and seen as someone on the decline
2) manny supposedly made improvements
3) the fight was held at a weight unfavorable to Marquez

Given these circumstances manny should have beat Marquez convincingly this time. What ends up happening is Marquez schools him winning 8 rounds this time.

You need to lay off the PBF stuff. He's in your head so bad that you bring him up in a thread to praise Juan Manuel Marquez and talk about last night's fight.

pacquiao-marquez-trilogy%20(30).jpg
pacquiao-marquez-trilogy%20(31).jpg
pacquiao-marquez-trilogy%20(9).jpg
pacquiao-marquez-trilogy%20(8).jpg

:slayer:

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TyCoon, you're a fuckin' lunatic.

MP won a fight he shouldn't have against a guy who has always given him problems. Posting a picture of Marquez landing punches won't change the outcome of the fight, no matter how badly you might want it to.

I also find it particularly rich that a guy with a PBF avatar who started a separate thread to whine about a Pac victory is accusing me of being obsessed with PBF. If anything, it's the other way around.

Last edited:

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TyCoon, you're a fuckin' lunatic.
MP won a fight he shouldn't have against a guy who has always given him problems. Posting a picture of Marquez landing punches won't change the outcome of the fight, no matter how badly you might want it to.
I also find it particularly rich that a guy with a PBF avatar who started a separate thread to whine about a Pac victory is accusing me of being obsessed with PBF. If anything, it's the other way around.

I'm not the one who's bringing up PBF in a thread to talk about last night's fight and congrats Marquez. What does PBF have to do with Marquez doing so well last night? I think you need to get over him. :laugh:

But there's no doubt in my mind he [pacquiao] lost that fight.

+1, why you so angry?

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That was a very, very, close fight, with Marquez landing much more power, and Pacquiao punching in volume, but not looking comfortable. It would have been hard to score most rounds.

I still have Pacquiao losing the fight but people who scored it 117-111 like TyCoon are just haters. Manny landed more punches but, as you said, he looked uncomfortable and didn't really hurt Marquez.

I could see the argument for a split decision but the judges who scored it 116-112 for Manny were out to lunch.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I could see the argument for a split decision but the judges who scored it 116-112 for Manny were out to lunch.

I think that they were distracted by the MMA events from earlier in the day.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

And you are? Jerking off every night to your PBF poster doesn't make you any more knowledgeable than the next guy.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And you are? Jerking off every night to your PBF poster doesn't make you any more knowledgeable than the next guy.

at least I can praise Juan Manuel Marquez for doing a great job last night

meanwhile you log onto this forum to tell us how gay you are by talking about how you jerk off to men in a boxing thread. you should share some more of your "boxing knowledge" with us :laugh:

billsayers

Reaction score
Great fight with Marquez showing everyone just how good he really is. I scored it 7 rounds to 5 for Marquez (115 to 113); I gave Pacquaio the 1st round which is debatable since neither did much.

Marquez consistently landed the crisper shots throughout the fight...I know CompuBox number showed Pacquaio out-landed Marquez, but the more effective shots were landed by Marquez. His left hook to the body followed by a straight right was working well for him.

I think it was a close fight but people have got to realize what Pacquaio is...a great offensive fighter that will have difficulties with counter-punchers who can use his aggressiveness against him. Also, I was disappointed to see Pacquaio throw his double jab followed by straight left combo so often last night...especially since Marquez saw it coming the whole night and simply stepped back as soon as Pacquaio threw the double jab.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads