• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Markowski shoes

nini

Reaction score
Septième Largeur is the upscale brand of Markowski. Their positionning is to provide excellent quality shoes at reasonable prices. I have discussed with one of the creators, who told me that his line of shoes had some technical features one only could find in brands like John Lobb.

Sebastian

Reaction score
I recently bought a pair. I am quite happy with them, although they are nowhere near the top tier. Which is of course to be expected when looking at their prices.

For the money you pay, they offer excllent value IMO.

The shoes pictured below where bought as part of their regular line, but have channeled soles etc. Maybe they mixed them up with the septime largeur line.

The leather and construction is nice enough but could be better. The leather on the vamp creases more than usual, but this can also be because of the rather elongated last. Also, after a year of wearing them on a regular basis, they still feel pretty stiff.

The main advantage of the shoes is that you get the high end french design for a small price. The quality is ok, but reflects that price.

I would buy again but would stick to the septime larguer line, except maybe for a design that totally jumps at me...

p1010010u.jpg

p1010018h.jpg

p1010015pl.jpg

p1010012p.jpg

(the pics are from when I got them, so no creasing to be seen yet)

sdsfsdsf

Reaction score
I just clicked on your link and it's online for me. Remember that France has two sale seasons, I picked up a pair of double monk Septième Largeur for 195 Euros last January.

PipersSon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a dumb question - how do you find the Septième Largeur sub brand on their site?

Kang

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the site and new to the shoe world. I need a pair of brown shoes, but don't have an absurd amount to spend. I believe I've narrowed it down to the Florsheim Millport and the Septieme Largeur Joffre in Cognac. Does anyone have an opinion on either of these? I tried on the Florsheim's on my last trip to New York and liked them, but I haven't been able to try on the latter. Suggestions?

Getzione

Reaction score

I recently bought a pair. I am quite happy with them, although they are nowhere near the top tier. Which is of course to be expected when looking at their prices.

For the money you pay, they offer excllent value IMO.

The shoes pictured below where bought as part of their regular line, but have channeled soles etc. Maybe they mixed them up with the septime largeur line.

The leather and construction is nice enough but could be better. The leather on the vamp creases more than usual, but this can also be because of the rather elongated last. Also, after a year of wearing them on a regular basis, they still feel pretty stiff.

The main advantage of the shoes is that you get the high end french design for a small price. The quality is ok, but reflects that price.

I would buy again but would stick to the septime larguer line, except maybe for a design that totally jumps at me...
Can you comment on sizing?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members