• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

swolfod

Reaction score
It was ok when I was there, but it was 9 in the morning, so I don't know what it's gonna like during peek time. They say 'NO FIST FIGHT' on the wall.

Last edited:

surftb15

Reaction score
It was actually crowded about an hour ago. Nothing in there worth buying and it was kind of disorganized.
Women were going crazy over some stuff though.

pujuma

Reaction score

OMG WTF......God forbid they turn a profit and stay in business.

Well...**** them for all I care?
You wanna throw money at corporate you go right ahead.
I'm a cheap ass New Yorker.

now....i was there earlier tonight for about an hour and half.
It's rather odd - shabby basement surrounding, most people there just don't look like
They can afford the stuff there.
the prices just don't reflect that I.e. warehouse SALE.
so so far this "sale" is a teaser , a ******* joke for morons.
(yes if you buy a shirt for $80 in this bazaar you're a moron)

Maybe I will go back few days later when the real sale is on.

Last edited:

pujuma

Reaction score
Was it crowded? I may take a peek after work but don't like dealing with crowded stores.

I was there earlier tonite (Friday 7 ~8) . By ny standard not too crowded. There were like
8 or 10 cashiers but hardly anyone has any cashiering to do. Which I think actually I'm pretty certain is because of the ****** prices. And looks like they have stuff from YEARS AGO, all dusty and old looking still at 50% of the insane original hipster prices , no wonder they don't sell.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barneys were empty this afternoon. The sale is the worst I have ever seen. Have you been to Marshall's or FB? Then that is what it is like. 90% of shirts pants and suits are Barney's own. Shirts Barney's/Piatelli 99.00, Pants 170.00/250.00-25%. Outerwear is dusty and old unsold crap from the last 9 years. Shoes are 90% Barney's own lable, with C&J , Paul Smith, Timberland sprinkled in weird styles.
I was interetsed in suits and saw Barneys 599, Piatelli 599/699 and few Canali at 899/1000+

Stay away, BWH is a ridiculous waste of time.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Barneys were empty this afternoon. The sale is the worst I have ever seen. Have you been to Marshall's or FB? Then that is what it is like. 90% of shirts pants and suits are Barney's own. Shirts Barney's/Piatelli 99.00, Pants 170.00/250.00-25%. Outerwear is dusty and old unsold crap from the last 9 years. Shoes are 90% Barney's own lable, with C&J , Paul Smith, Timberland sprinkled in weird styles.
I was interetsed in suits and saw Barneys 599, Piatelli 599/699 and few Canali at 899/1000+
Stay away, BWH is a ridiculous waste of time.

were there any discounts?

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

I was there yesterday. This is so true.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Overall, the sale has been blah. I won't complain. I went 1st thing on the first day and grabbed some C&J handgrade and pair of RLBL trousers. I wanted a few other things but prices were still way too high.

pics of the CJ's please

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This article says the first round of markdowns is better for men - http://ny.racked.com/archives/2012/...downs_have_hit_the_barneys_warehouse_sale.php

This article says even the women's stuff is junk!! Haha - http://www.mizhattan.com/2012/02/sale-hunt-barneys-warehouse-pandemonium.html

Waiting to see if anyone here picks up something decent... I am staying far away from the sale after last year, I was $6,000 down after about 3 days!

Saw Drakes Cashmere for $100~. Not sure if they're still around but the 25% off would make it $75.... Decent deal.... I personally wouldn't get it till it i hits $40

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads