1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. pfr0g

pfr0g Senior member

Partenopea very much but I think it is overhyped on here (as is Castagnia). .

Castangia deserves any hype it receives, imho. Take a trip with me near my apartment to a local men's boutique that I do consulting for. I will show you a Castangia dinner jacket that is to die for. Not to mention 3-4 killer suits and 3 odd sport coats. I absolutely love Castangia and think they make one of the best, if not the best suits around.

I dont know for some reason I just love everything Castangia does so maybe my opinion is tainted with personal preferences.

2. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Did you go to the sale?

No, I got a "preview" call before it became public, as I know one of the ladies. Maybe these were my special prices[​IMG] Sorry to hear it was not worth it, the hunt goes on.

I dont know for some reason I just love everything Castangia does so maybe my opinion is tainted with personal preferences.

No, I'm sure you are right, I feel the same way about Borrelli and Isaia. I think once you find something that fits you right and that you love, that is all that matters. After a certain level (Isaia, Borrelli, Brioni, Kiton, Castagnia etc etc), the "foundation" is basically the same and everything else is aesthetics/fabric quality/handwork or lack thereof.

3. pfr0g

pfr0g Senior member

No, I got a "preview" call before it became public, as I know one of the ladies. Maybe these were my special prices[​IMG] Sorry to hear it was not worth it, the hunt goes on.

No, I'm sure you are right, I feel the same way about Borrelli and Isaia. I think once you find something that fits you right and that you love, that is all that matters. After a certain level (Isaia, Borrelli, Brioni, Kiton, Castagnia etc etc), the "foundation" is basically the same and everything else is aesthetics/fabric quality/handwork or lack thereof.

Good point with the "foundation" level, I agree. I am also a huge fan of Borrelli. I dont have enough Isaia, save a Tuxedo, to like or dislike the brand. I do like the prices however. I do have 2 microfiber Isaia rain jackets, one safari, that are very very nice.

If you ever want to check out the store that has Castangia (they have Brioni, Borrelli, Oxxford, Belvest also) drop me a PM. I can get you a very good deal if you want something.

4. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

What: Multidesigner Sample Sale

Why: Galliano, Costume National, Just Cavalli, GF Ferre, and Malo clothing and accessories for men and women at up to 80 percent off.

When: Oct. 22-28. Mon.-Sat., 11 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sun., 11 a.m.-5 p.m.

Where: 17 Battery Pl. S., b/t West Side Hwy. & Washington St., 5th flr.

(212-413-4421).

5. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

SOIFFER"¢HASKIN
    Cordially invites you to
    a private sale of HICKEY FREEMAN

Men's Clothing, Furnishings
    & Sportswear

Also a limited selecton of
    Bobby Jones Women's Cashmere Sweaters

Sunday, Oct. 28th through Thursday, Nov. 1st
    Sunday: 9:00am to 6:00pm
    Monday through Wednesday: 9:00am to 6:30pm
    Thursday: 9:00am to 5:00pm

To be held at:
    Soiffer Haskin
    317 West 33rd Street, NYC
    (Just west of 8th Avenue)

Credit Cards Only
    (American Express, Visa or MasterCard)
    All Sales Final.
    Strollers not allowed. No children under 12 will be admitted.

For more information, call (718) 747-1656,
    Monday through Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm.
    Soiffer Haskin, 10 Bank Street, White Plains, NY 10606
    www.soifferhaskin.com

You are currently subscribed to our preferred email list. To unsubscribe please click on http://www.soifferhaskin.com/remove.

6. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

7. lefty

lefty Senior member

Anyone know if they will have Hickey at this sale or just HF?

lefty

8. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

Anyone know if they will have Hickey at this sale or just HF?

lefty

I didn't go last time, but for the two or three times before then, they've had Hickey items at the sale (not a lot, however), so I would expect it to be the same in the upcoming sale.

9. lefty

lefty Senior member

I didn't go last time, but for the two or three times before then, they've had Hickey items at the sale (not a lot, however), so I would expect it to be the same in the upcoming sale.

Thanks, MS.

lefty

10. vinouspleasure

vinouspleasure Senior member

how were the prices when you went? Worth the trip?

11. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

I would say it's worth the trip, as I will be there on Sunday to check out the goods (what I have previously referred to here as reconnaissance work). As for the prices, check out this prior post. The prices every time I have been were consistent with the prices referred to in that post.

12. scruff

scruff Senior member

I would say it's worth the trip, as I will be there on Sunday to check out the goods (what I have previously referred to here as reconnaissance work). As for the prices, check out this prior post. The prices every time I have been were consistent with the prices referred to in that post.

So HF doesn't do like Paul Stuart, where the prices overall go down as the sale progresses (with drastic discounts towards the end of the last day)?

13. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

No, they don't do a drastic clear out near the end. Prices on ties and suits were not quite as low as from the time of billiebob's post. Ties didn't go down much at all. It's still worth checking out, but I don't think I'll be going on Sunday this time.

14. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Did you go to the sale? The suits were more like $1000-$1500. I didn't see a single one under $950. The shoes, $250-$400. Some of them at the lower price were very nice, and not all driving shoes. There was a (blue) leather soled chocolate suede wingtip in size 10 that was only $250, but alas too big for me. Nicky ties were $50, pocket squares $30. Truzzi shirts mostly $150. Valentini pants around $150. Ballantyne sweaters were $350. Suits were in a range of sizes, but mostly EU50R, and 52R. One single suit in 38R. Only a few sportcoats and outerwear.

All in all, not worth my time, but I'll check it out once discounts set in.

Went yesterday.

Shoes now mostly 10s.

Larger size range in the Valentini trousers.

One stray note is their own house label of casual shirts, Of The Cloth. They gave it this name because the principal in the firm is a rabbi.

I think I'll go back in the final week.

15. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

The Michael Bastian sample sale will begin Monday October 29th – Friday November 2nd. 10am – 5pm

The address is:

IMC Group

29 W. 57th Street, 4th Floor

New York, NY 10019

Pretty sure it will also have BC and Rivamonti and Gunnex as they are all of the same showroom/family.

16. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

IT Holding USA & Soiffer Haskin present

MALO

Men's and Women's Knitwear
    Cashmere, Cotton, Silk, and other precious yarns

70% off Retail

Sun, Nov 4 through Wed Nov 7
    Sun-Tues 9-630
    Wed 9-5

Soiffer Haskin
    317 W 33rd, just west of 8th Ave

CC only
    AmEx, Visa, MC

More info: 718 747 1656

17. felixb

felixb Active Member

Turnbull & Asser sale (not sure how incredible the prices will be...)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Do they ever have sales -- have they had one since summer last year?

Thank you

18. coachvu

coachvu Senior member

Do they ever have sales -- have they had one since summer last year?

Thank you

They have an annual sale around the same time as that ad mentions.

19. polarbear

polarbear Well-Known Member

anyone go to the HF sale this morning? worth the trip?

20. Wurkinstiff

Wurkinstiff Member

Going to NYC next week for a couple of days - Are there any stores that I must check out while I'm there.

Looking for some dress/casual shirts - not too expensive [​IMG]

Thanks