1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Man of Steel (2013)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Neo_Version 7, Jan 30, 2011.

1. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

He probably just wills his beard on or off. I mean c'mon, he can will himself through the atmosphere and into space, but can't get rid of his scruff?

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

interesting chart on how supes brings in the moneyz

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I can't read the chart and when I click on it it doesn't get any bigger.

4. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

^ Click the image and then click Original on the bottom right.

5. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

He uses laser hair removal:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  7. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

If the trailers are any indication - this movie makes Batman Begins look like a joke.

8. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Wait did Jor El speak to his adult son in that trailer? I hope it's a dream sequence or hologram, because that would be a major change to the character's story. One i'm not sure would sit well with me.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'm almost sure it is hologram or projection, no way his parents survives out of Krypton. We have a week to find out if I am wrong though. I can't fucking wait!

10. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Absolutely glorious. No movie has ever inspired such hopes in me.

For sure Jor-El is some sort of projection in the Fortress (or the ship discovered under the ice.)

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

just occurred to me that the Superman - Jesus analogy guys are gonna be busy again writing articles in 3, 2...

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I know I'm going to hate this movie. I wish I could like it, but it's inevitable. I'm not 12 years old anymore.

14. Jr Mouse

Early reviews have been outstanding. I haven't seen a single negative review yet. :)

15. Gradstudent78

16. Jr Mouse

:laugh:

Well I hadn't seen any negative reviews yet. The usual sources I read have been extremely positive.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Some of those RT review are confusing. One critic says the film has no emotion then another says it has too much. :lol:

By the reviews, it seems that any Superman film will simply be a no win with the critics, at least not unanimously. The original Reeves were just too embedded with most people I think, it might be too difficult for them to get past that. A different take is simply not going to work for them I guess, I am trying to avoid the complete reviews to avoid spoilers but some complaints seems insane. I guess I'll find out first hand tomorrow night.

Also, IM3 got 78% and I really think it should be much worse than that even if I had no idea who Mandarin is, the movie just wasn't that good. And then SR got 76% while MoS is hovering at 66%? I mean really? I haven't seen the film but it is hard to imagine it being worse than SR (coming from a guy who actually, kind of, sort liked SR).

1 person likes this.
  18. Gradstudent78

By it's nature Superman is just a hard adaptation to pull off well, I'm not sure how much it really has to do with Reeves being embedded. At this point I think people just want something with more action and less kryptonite continents than Superman returns.

Keep in mind MOS has only 59 reviews up while Iron Man 3 has 264, so the rating could change a lot

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

True the ratings could change but this is still a good indication of where it will stay at. TDKR pretty much stayed at 90% the whole time.

Reeves definitely has an attachment to most who grew up with his Superman films, he is the quintessential Superman/Clark Kent to most. It is also the main reason Routh is a spitting image of Reeves in SR, people just has that image on their head. Cavill is completely different, not just in acting, emotion but also in build. Some reviews that gave the film a negative already said Supermans charm was missing and that is mostly Reeves part right there, Superman isn't exactly Bruce Wayne trying to be a playboy but people has grown accustomed of that.