Man of Steel (2013)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Neo_Version 7, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

via EW.com [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  2. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Why are all these Hollywood studios trying to ruin what's left of my childhood memories?

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I will wait to see him in costume to pass judgement.

4. mmadha

mmadha Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Should have been Jon Hamm! However, it will be interesting to see how the Team of Snyder and Christopher Nolan work together.

5. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

so wait... is this a reset of the supes story? or is this connected to the bryan singer superman movie? does he still have a son here? or a lois lane with a forehead you could land a small plane with?

6. dcg

dcg Well-Known Member

The last dude they had could have been a good Superman if he was provided with a non-shitty script.

7. Althis

Althis Well-Known Member

Maybe this is part of the reason why they moved my uncle Mike Carlin to Burbank...

8. Jr Mouse

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Should have been Jon Hamm! However, it will be interesting to see how the Team of Snyder and Christopher Nolan work together.
    Dude's too old. I saw this photo and I have to admit I can kinda see the right look here: [​IMG]

9. Jr Mouse

Photoshop of potential:

[​IMG]

10. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

He'll be good the important thing is the script.

11. IDirector

IDirector Well-Known Member

Why are all these Hollywood studios trying to ruin what's left of my childhood memories?

Are they remaking a movie of the time you molested also? Fuck Hollywood.

12. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Well-Known Member

Not another supaman movie, all were awful.

13. Jekyll

Jekyll Well-Known Member

Dude's too old.

No he's not. No law says Superman has to be under 30.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Not a bad choice, at least he looks different. I do remember reading that they wanted to make Superman older in the next movie so this works.

I still believe in Nolan so I'll see what he brings to this movie. I also like Snyder and actually very much enjoyed 300 and Watchmen, and very much looking forward to his next film Sucker Punch, so that is more reason to like this movie. I guess we'll see a lot of green screen background and slow-mo action in the next film. Bring on Doomsday, bring on Brainiac, bring on Darkseid and kick the movie off in the right direction. See what the Joker did to TDK? Get those viarls working and there could be a very big movie here.

15. downwithianbrown

downwithianbrown Well-Known Member

But didn't the last superman kill at the box office and get decent reviews? I wonder what happened.

16. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

The last Superman movie made decent money but it was also one of the most expensive films ever made at around $200m+. Internationally it made less than $400m and compared to TDK that cost less and made a billion bucks. And since that last Superman movie didn't hype up so well, chances are the next one might flop so having a huge budget with the same writers, cast and director is just not a risk they are willing to take.

17. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Well-Known Member

He'll be good the important thing is the script.

This. People obsess over all the wrong details. Casting is one of those details. Yes, the actor does make or break the part to some degree. But the script is much more important. I'll reseve judgment until I hear more details on the plot, and even then, I'll reserve judgment until I see previews.

18. dcg

dcg Well-Known Member

Not a bad choice, at least he looks different. I do remember reading that they wanted to make Superman older in the next movie so this works.

I still believe in Nolan so I'll see what he brings to this movie. I also like Snyder and actually very much enjoyed 300 and Watchmen, and very much looking forward to his next film Sucker Punch, so that is more reason to like this movie. I guess we'll see a lot of green screen background and slow-mo action in the next film. Bring on Doomsday, bring on Brainiac, bring on Darkseid and kick the movie off in the right direction. See what the Joker did to TDK? Get those viarls working and there could be a very big movie here.

This. Brainiac might be tough (I don't know a ton about Superman), but he needs some bad-ass super powerful villain that he can punch/throw around/shoot laserbeams from his eyes at/use frozen breath on. It's a pretty one-dimensional character. We don't need to see Superman using his brain. That's what Batman's for.

19. Jr Mouse

Fairly certain they have already announced that the villain is going to be Zod. Not my first choice, but at least he would give Supes someone strong to fight.

No way they could pull off Darkseid with any justice. I could see Brainiac, but Darkseid is too out there. Doomsday wouldn't work for a reboot, IMO.

20. ratratan

ratratan Active Member

am still waiting for the quentin tarrantino bond movie with clive owen.