• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maftei Bespoke Shoes - NYC Visit: January 2014

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Viennese bespoke shoemaker, Maftei, will be visiting NYC in January to take orders for bespoke shoes. Details below:

Details:
Maftei Trunk Show
January 3rd, 2014
Time: 15:00 pm- 20:00 p.m.

Hotel InterContinental New York, Barclay
111 East 48th Street, New York, NY 10017
Contact for an appointment or for more information: [email protected]

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Eustace -
Have you used them before and if so can you share any experience?
Thanks

Yes, I have used them before and found them to be excellent. Very accommodating, with a real emphasis on fit.

The styling is also very proper and traditional - not dowdy at all, but if you're going in there to get something similar to G&G or Scafora, you'll walk away disappointed.

Mike147

Reaction score
Eustace,

Did you visit Maftei in Vienna? I'm curious as to whether one of the shoemakers / last makers from Vienna will be making the trip to NYC (fairly critical I think).

Out of curiosity, what type of shoes did Maftei make for you?

Thanks,

Mike147

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I had my shoes made in Vienna (I went for a Norwegian).

Pretty sure one of their shoemakers will be there, but perhaps best to shoot them an email to confirm.

Mike147

Reaction score
Would love to see photos!

I have a pair of perf cap toes bluchers that were made this year. Having some issues with the fit given that i wear orthotics so I am hoping to have some adjustments made and order another pair.

Mike147

Reaction score
My two cents:

I will definitely attend this trunk show and would encourage others to do so as well.

I have one pair of shoes from Maftei that I had made earlier this year - I worked with Lucian and found him to be very flexible and responsive. I have very big problems with fit and comfort given the medical issues I have with my feet and knees and Lucian has gone the extra mile to accommodate. I am in the final stage of getting an excellent fit with Maftei and ready to order a second pair.

The price-point to quality ratio here is extremely high when compared to competitors in the UK and you won't have to wait 6-12 months to have your shoes completed. In terms of styling, it doesn't matter much if you don't like the traditional AH lasts as Maftei offers styles outside of this contingent (I've seen them in his shop in Vienna). In addition, if you have a style you really like that you don't think is in Maftei's repertoire, bring a RTW pair or some detailed photos of the style(s) you like and see if they can make it happen for you.

For this system to work well for US-based customers, it's critical to have Maftei visit New York once or twice a year. This requires a growing AH customer base in the United States - we need to get to critical mass.

Comments and questions are welcome..

Thanks,

Mike147

*I am in no way affiliated with Maftei

beaur

Reaction score
Not in the market for bespoke right now but would it be possible to stop by and look at their wares. WIll they be bringing sample shoes etc so that we can browse or will they only be doing measurements for orders?

Mike147

Reaction score

Not in the market for bespoke right now but would it be possible to stop by and look at their wares.  WIll they be bringing sample shoes etc so that we can browse or will they only be doing measurements for orders?

I'm really not sure but I assume they will be bringing samples. I would recommend that you send an email to them at the address listed above.

Let me say that I hope they will have samples - they runs these shows pretty regularly in Europe but it's more difficult to lug/ship a full compliment of samples back / forth to New York and Boston.

beaur

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. I had emailed them also before but I just tried again. Hopefully see you there!!

beaur

Reaction score
Visited the Maftei trunk show yesterday, despite the weather in NYC. Roxana couldn't have been nicer to someone who came in not wanting shoes right now. There were a lot more shoes there than I expected. They had just started making wholecuts and she had a few of them prominently displayed. From an admitted novice point of view the construction of the shoes seems first rate. I can't tell you if there is any structural, or wearing issue with pegged construction but those soles sure look good pegged.

I ended up getting my feet measured and will hopefully order something in the Spring after this atrocious weather is finished. Sorry I didn't take any pictures, I think my brain was a bit frozen.

Beau

The Thin Man

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know if Maftei is returning to NYC, and if so, when?

The Thin Man

Reaction score

Does anyone happen to know if Maftei is returning to NYC, and if so, when?

FYI, I emailed Maftei and they responded that they will be making their annual trip in January.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads