• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mafoofan's Official Statement on Foyers

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have a pretty simple foyer. Just a couple of Bertoia chairs and a bit of art, in order to leave the focus on the large wooden screen that separates the foyer from the hallway:

picresized_1221805573_n1080651937_1.jpg

187621328_o.jpg

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Originally Posted by iammatt \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\tWell then, the only way to save it is for J to inject a large number of brand new, high quality posts to get things moving in the right direction.
\t\t\t \t\t \t \t

Unfortunately this foyer crises has created something of a foyer tsunami amongst the fora. The advanced forum is the only one without a considerable investment in foyers and may be the wisest place to park one's post until this global crises is at an end.

Yet you seem to prefer the company here. Tell me. Who is really having more fun?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Yet you seem to prefer the company here. Tell me. Who is really having more fun?

The real problem is existential. Without us, they'd have nothing to talk about.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Well, everybody loves a bubble. It starts out with member expansion, of course suggested by j and Fok, and soon you have five, even six screen names for every real member. Soon, when managment has had enough they start the bannings, and rather than contracting the number of real members to where it should be, a couple of real members get banned, and then eventually everything freezes up. Nobody will make posts for fear of bannings. Nobody will lend their remaining trolls to anybody else. Panic sets in. That is why it is good to hedge your bets and spend some of your time at a place like FNB which has never tolerated member expansion, and has steadfastly remained on a hard member system, in which each screen name is backed by a real, authentic person.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I feel like your modern art tastes don't fit your politics. It bothers me.

He's a libertarian according to the test so it does fit. Now that we're all classified according to some weird test I'd apppreciate if you analyzed everything we said using that grid of interpretation

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Well, everybody loves a bubble. It starts out with member expansion, of course suggested by j and Fok, and soon you have five, even six screen names for every real member. Soon, when managment has had enough they start the bannings, and rather than contracting the number of real members to where it should be, a couple of real members get banned, and then eventually everything freezes up. Nobody will make posts for fear of bannings. Nobody will lend their remaining trolls to anybody else. Panic sets in.

That is why it is good to hedge your bets and spend some of your time at a place like FNB which has never tolerated member expansion, and has steadfastly remained on a hard member system, in which each screen name is backed by a real, authentic person.

WTF? Not each screen name is backed by a real, authentic person? Does that mean that maybe FNB = Manton?

Originally Posted by spertia
We have a pretty simple foyer. Just a couple of Bertoia chairs and a bit of art, in order to leave the focus on the large wooden screen that separates the foyer from the hallway:

picresized_1221805573_n1080651937_1.jpg

187621328_o.jpg

That is some fvcked up foyer you have! Damn nice!

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
That is why it is good to hedge your bets and spend some of your time at a place like FNB which has never tolerated member expansion, and has steadfastly remained on a hard member system, in which each screen name is backed by a real, authentic person.
We like to call it the gold dandy standard

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
He's a libertarian according to the test so it does fit. Now that we're all classified according to some weird test I'd apppreciate if you analyzed everything we said using that grid of interpretation
I especially liked this one called murdered innocence.
MurderedInnocence.jpg

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Well over there I have to talk about clothes
wink.gif

Alternatively you can consider me here sort of like using foreign oil while hoarding domestic reserves.

I don't understand this, so I will stick with the commodity based currency explanation.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
WTF? Not each screen name is backed by a real, authentic person? Does that mean that maybe FNB = Manton?

No!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne

You never know. Some of these unbacked screen names have been sliced into many pieces and nobody really knows who owns a little bit of whom. During an earlier panic, now known as the Great Douchebag panic of '06, it was nearly impossible to figure out which members owned the various douche tranches.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics