• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

sierra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Advent
It certainly would appear that way. Provincetown is in MA. And a quick Google check confirms that there is no Provincetown in Rhode Island.
The same fact checkers must be working at Publishers Weekly that work at the PF.

They probably meant Providence RI. Much bigger town than Provincetown.

grace2011

Reaction score
Originally Posted by juliette2000
Good golly, but you're obsessed. You should get back on your meds. If you or any of your cronies had any reading and/or reading comprehension skills, you would know that I already discussed my favorite bag. As for the rest of the contents of my closet, why in the world would I feel compelled to discuss that with someone such as you? Don't you think your obsession with who carries which bag is more appropriate for a purse forum rather than a men's style forum? Or have you been banned again?
if I had buck for every time you wrote this in this thread I could buy you a purse; seems to be your boilerplate response for when you don't want to answer a question. banned again? one would first have to become a member.

grace2011

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beetleything
Purse Forum makes some of the obsessives here look like amateurs.........

yes, and those gals seem to think that the guy who stocks the produce shelves (let's call him the Strawberry Guy) at the local market is a "salesperson" to be compared to a SA at Hermes.
i guess Neiman Marcus is a better shopping experience than Hermes. i have a SA at NM who auto-sends me certain products every three months (toiletries, mainly), and another SA there who calls me when they receive new merch in my preferred designers/sizes (he also sent me a g/c for a free lunch next time i'm in the store)

sierra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grace2011
yes, and those gals seem to think that the guy who stocks the produce shelves (let's call him the Strawberry Guy) at the local market is a "salesperson" to be compared to a SA at Hermes.
i guess Neiman Marcus is a better shopping experience than Hermes. i have a SA at NM who auto-sends me certain products every three months (toiletries, mainly), and another SA there who calls me when they receive new merch in my preferred designers/sizes (he also sent me a g/c for a free lunch next time i'm in the store)

I like Strawberry Guy. He's accommodating, sometimes knowledgeable, often moreso than the SAs at H or NM. Doesn't care if you buy. If there's something in back, he'll get it for you.

Got a couple of those lunch GCs too. From the NM corporate machine, not an SA. They were good for shipping and alterations as well as lunch.

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Um, yeah, except the author is from Provincetown.

I see. I did not read the book.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grace2011

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Ahhh, if only Mr. Veblen were alive today.

Advent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beetleything
Purse Forum makes some of the obsessives here look like amateurs......... quite an eye opener.............as has been this thread......it's hilarious--all this fuss over 2 Forums (that we know about) about a Wallet.
foo.gif

Have been reading your posts on tPF. You are never going to "win" or truly get your point across because those women always have to be right and always have to have the last word. On top of this they will always alter "what they meant", and more importantly, they all send each other PMs and make plans on how/what to post. Long story short, it's a f'n waste of time. Oh, and did I mention that many of them are resellers so they have ulterior motives (which of course they are not going to state in a post). http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/ma...156549-10.html p.s. they also have Mods that edit messages after the fact and delete messages that they don't like. so it's in some ways a conspiracy.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If mafoofan received a dollar for each post in this thread, he would have been able to buy himself a green hermes wallet.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
If mafoofan received a dollar for each post in this thread, he would have been able to buy himself a green hermes wallet.
No no no. Foo should pay us each a dollar so we all can go to Hermes together as a group and buy one green wallet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads