• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... towards the smart casual
Any oxford, but especially one with a smooth calf and a chiseled last is definitely beyond smart casual. Unless you’re planning to wear them with a minimum of tailored trousers and a sport coat I’d pass on them. They really don’t pair well with denim, chinos, moleskin’s or flannels.

AtlRock

Reaction score
In my experience, Goya is way too sleek looking for the chukka style.

I bought mine (dark brown suede, rubber sole, Goya last) last year, wore them only once and put them away. Now they're taking forever to sell on Markkt.

If going for a chukka, I'd look at C&J or Cheaney at this price point. I love the C&J Chiltern whose last sadly isn't for me but the Jackie III chukka from Cheaney is also really decent.
Heading to New York City on Saturday ....... will be hitting a bunch of men's shoe stores ..... including C&J

Adhazem

Reaction score
Just got the email that price increases are coming effective next Thursday across all the offerings. If you’ve been wanting to get a pair bows a good time. They’re also going to start offering shell cordovan.

Emil S

Reaction score
In my experience, Goya is way too sleek looking for the chukka style.

I bought mine (dark brown suede, rubber sole, Goya last) last year, wore them only once and put them away. Now they're taking forever to sell on Markkt.

If going for a chukka, I'd look at C&J or Cheaney at this price point. I love the C&J Chiltern whose last sadly isn't for me but the Jackie III chukka from Cheaney is also really decent.
Of course a lot of personal taste here but i really like the chukka on goya, we stock it in dark Brown suede and its really popular,

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course a lot of personal taste here but i really like the chukka on goya, we stock it in dark Brown suede and its really popular,
Mine is on E width, which somewhat exacerbates the sleekness issue. It’s basically unwearable with jeans. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fine shoe and it fits great but I found it fills a smaller hole in my shoe collection than what I was hoping for.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which last would say works best for the traditional black capote Oxford?
That one is much more subjective and would come down to your own style with regard to the suits you’d plan to wear them with and personal preferences. Goya or Picaso black cap toes both would be nice with navy or mid-gray or charcoal suits.

EvilBoffin

Reaction score
BURGUNDY Museum Calf versus NAVY Museum Calf - -

Does anyone have accurate photos of these 2 color TLB leathers ??

I'm considering an MTO order of Artista penny loafers in one of these colors.
The online pics I've found either show them both as WAY too dark to see the mottling / variations at all, so dark they just look Black -- OR the opposite -- almost pink for the burgundy and a dusty baby blue for the Navy...

Makes it very hard to justify taking the gamble on un-returnable shoes....

Should I just ask Toni to email photos ?? I'd like to submit the MTO order before the impending price hike .....

ViaSartoria

Reaction score
BURGUNDY Museum Calf versus NAVY Museum Calf - -

Does anyone have accurate photos of these 2 color TLB leathers ??

I'm considering an MTO order of Artista penny loafers in one of these colors.
The online pics I've found either show them both as WAY too dark to see the mottling / variations at all, so dark they just look Black -- OR the opposite -- almost pink for the burgundy and a dusty baby blue for the Navy...

Makes it very hard to justify taking the gamble on un-returnable shoes....

Should I just ask Toni to email photos ?? I'd like to submit the MTO order before the impending price hike .....
I don’t think TLB offers navy museum, but I could be mistaken.

I don’t have TLB’s burgundy museum, but I just took delivery of a pair from another maker in that material. Here’s a picture if it helps, I don’t think the TLB version would be much different.

A1BD0449-0D1A-4794-A9CF-606F119D07E3.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads