• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Italian stretch jeans?
I have one pair of Kiton jeans that I'll wear on the weekends for general knocking-about but prefer wool or linen depending on the weather.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @SpooPoker - remember this coat from back in July?

I went to the tailor yesterday to deposit my Week 48 winnings along with a few other things I'd been hoarding and, in his old Roman accent, he goes, "Eli, Eli, Eli - give me a hand here. I can't carry this coat (it does weigh 15 pounds) - get it down off the rack for me."

He then proceeds to show me how, for the last 4 months, he's been slowly working on the coat, 30 minutes at a stretch, with the thickest needle he has and a set of pliers to pull each stitch. The sleeves are the last part and should be done in a couple of weeks but he restitched the entire lining since the thread was rotting and man, the admiration in his eyes when he spoke about the coat...the only other time I've seen that look from him was when we inspected the inside of a Liverano construction.

Thank you!! This thing is easily the crown jewel of my closet.

Screenshot_2022-07-18-14-02-01-71_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-18-14-02-31-89_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-18-14-02-20-25_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I went to the tailor yesterday to deposit my Week 48 winnings along with a few other things I'd been hoarding and, in his old Roman accent, he goes, "Eli, Eli, Eli - give me a hand here. I can't carry this coat (it does weigh 15 pounds) - get it down off the rack for me."

He then proceeds to show me how, for the last 4 months, he's been slowly working on the coat, 30 minutes at a stretch, with the thickest needle he has and a set of pliers to pull each stitch. The sleeves are the last part and should be done in a couple of weeks but he restitched the entire lining since the thread was rotting and man, the admiration in his eyes when he spoke about the coat...the only other time I've seen that look from him was when we inspected the inside of a Liverano construction.

View attachment 1865872
View attachment 1865871
View attachment 1865873

hoooooly moly! What a gem that coat was... and bless you for saving it! I told you that has a 9 figure net worth provenance right?

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Side question, just pondering, looking at the past few weeks of Boyer ties at LS, I am wondering what his current tie collection looks like, and what it looked like before the LS consignment??

I only got to see the sell side, I did not see what I couldnt sell... I actually didnt want to as I would be tempted to grab and run LOL. Im pretty sure based on his cull of 50ish ties that there are 5x as many that still exist.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hoooooly moly! What a gem that coat was... and bless you for saving it! I told you that has a 9 figure net worth provenance right?
That's a great memory. With 55,000 sales a year, how many clients are you able to keep track of?

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's a great memory. With 55,000 sales a year, how many clients are you able to keep track of?

I do have a good memory - and I certainly dont forget 9 figure clients LOL.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1865872
View attachment 1865871
View attachment 1865873
Wow that's incredible. Sounds like a ton of work for your tailor as well. Can I ask about how much that refurb job is costing?

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow that's incredible. Sounds like a ton of work for your tailor as well. Can I ask about how much that refurb job is costing?
He doesn't give me a price per piece. I just dropped off 13 suits/sport coats yesterday so he just gives me a bill every so often. I would guess $150.

E.g. I picked up my wife's fur coat that I had him source and install a neck latch because the top button was about breast-height. He goes, "you drop off $1,000 in work and ask to pay me for this?! Get out of town!"

(He likes to use New York sayings, even though he's thoroughly Roman and lives in New Jersey. It's one of his more endearing qualities.)

gimpwiz

Reaction score
It was with some trepidation I put the tweed jacket (https://www.ebay.com/itm/314245569192) on today. I had been casually wanting something like this - more relaxed and less flashy than my (only) sport coat, and warmer too, so I got into a bit more of a bidding war than I expected. Because I wanted something more relaxed fit than anything I owned, I basically had to guess that the measurements were close 'nuff, as I had nothing I owned to compare against.

Good news! It's pretty close. I'm hoping the tailor who did my suits, shirts, sport coat etc is willing to tailor a jacket that they didn't make, because I like their work quite a bit. It's definitely close enough as it currently sits that I should be able to get a great result, and it really helps me calibrate for the future. Thanks.

(Also I had mild concern because the package was kind of crushed when delivered, but obviously cloth is pretty flexible and it was packed well enough to not have any issues from impact.)

Oh, and as mentioned, our friendly vendor took off the shipping fees thanks to styleforum. Very nice!

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads