• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Low rise or High rise denim

vincent

Reaction score
What do you guys prefer?

I prefer low rise because I think that high jeans lack comfort and do not look as good.

I can certainly undertand that high waists are an essential element to dress pants.

However, I don t like high rise jeans.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No way low rise is more comfortable. Just because it's trendy and looks better does not mean it's more comfortable. I put up with it because I think it looks cooler. I definitely think jeans were made the right way the first time, to sit above your waist.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Having put up with regular rise jeans all my life until I was in high school... yeah, I can assure you it's more comfortable. It also helps visually widen my long body, so I've stuck with them.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear both. I find good examples of low and high rise jeans to be equally comofrtable after adaptation.

Some people's bodies would be better suited to wear higher rises to lengthen the leg line. This is one reason I find many Asians to look terrible in hip slung jeans.

pzza

Reaction score
urkel_proof_1.gif
versus
15369-25CP.jpg
I prefer a regular (high) rise such as the 501, riding at the top of my hips or just above it. No way the low rise jeans are more comfortable, at least with my build, I always have to wear a belt with them or else they fall of ******. With a normal rise and a good fit I don't need a belt since my hips are slightly bigger than my waist (I still wear one offcourse).

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like "traditional" rise. im not gonna call it high rise because its not. low rise doesnt give me enough room, especially since i go comanndo 99% of the time, its either moose knuckle or ****** is out, and i dont like either. give me a 501 rise worn at the hips. in my opinion nothing is more comfortable or flattering.

on women tho, low is good most of the time. higher rise can look good if they have the body for it, but most do not.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with the other posters, low rise is definitely less comfortable, and it's much more likely to show crack, which should go without saying, is very unattractive for a man. I think it looks better though, particularly if you're not wearing a shirt.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
It depends greatly on your body type, as well. I have relatively long legs (6' 1", 34 inch inseam), so if I'm going to tuck a shirt into my jeans, I really need to wear them low. Those with longer torsos are probably fine with a moderate rise worn higher. In the end, only the mirror is going to tell you what's right for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads