• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Monarch - Official Affiliate Thread

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran into @brillopad yesterday in SF so we headed off for drinks and to hear more about the new brand. Here is a pic of Ian wearing the chino. The fit reminds me of the popular RRL Officers chino but with a bit more business casual refinements. They look great!

71927211-3E9F-4382-9DC5-FC2EC73E5BC4.jpeg

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
very nice job, happy to see some entrepreneurs coming along on the forum!

Thanks so much! Starting a company seems like a rite of passage in San Francisco, the land of entrepreneurs.

Ran into @brillopad yesterday in SF so we headed off for drinks and to hear more about the new brand. Here is a pic of Ian wearing the chino. The fit reminds me of the popular RRL Officers chino but with a bit more business casual refinements. They look great!

View attachment 1151083

Great seeing you yesterday!

This is also the most recent (and likely final) sample of the LS polo. I'm just checking everything on it now before we move into production with the factory.

The chinos and jeans are getting ready to hit the cutting floor and should take about 4 weeks for production, so we expect to have them ready to ship in early May.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any other colors besides the navy for the polo? (still getting a navy, question is if I'm getting any other colors).

Thanks so much! Starting a company seems like a rite of passage in San Francisco, the land of entrepreneurs.

Great seeing you yesterday!

This is also the most recent (and likely final) sample of the LS polo. I'm just checking everything on it now before we move into production with the factory.

The chinos and jeans are getting ready to hit the cutting floor and should take about 4 weeks for production, so we expect to have them ready to ship in early May.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any other colors besides the navy for the polo? (still getting a navy, question is if I'm getting any other colors).

We're in talks with the factory to see what our options are. It's the classic push and pull between a client and a factory, where we want to make the order as complicated as possible and they want to make it as simple as possible. My best guess is that there will be 2-3 colors (probably navy, white, heather gray) and hopefully some short sleeve options as well. There are many other colors we'd like to include of course, but we have to start small and build from there.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
On the topic of polo colors, another thing that excites me about doing these in a region of India with so much experience with cotton and dyeing is the possibility for trying some unique things - natural dyes, for example. Just some thoughts for further down the road.

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do a burgundy l/s polo :D

This.
Folks that wear (shirt like) polos in this context already have navy and white, and they are available in different price ranges, from Luca Avitabile to Spier&Mackay.
Burgundy or deep purple would be very nice.

slows2k

Reaction score

Agree with the above, but also a green of some sort. Maybe forest or bottle(ish). Not to add too many colors, but just a couple that are harder to find elsewhere.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of polo colors, another thing that excites me about doing these in a region of India with so much experience with cotton and dyeing is the possibility for trying some unique things - natural dyes, for example. Just some thoughts for further down the road.

A grayish lighter blue would be nice. Like in the range of Air Force blue

Last edited:

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This.
Folks that wear (shirt like) polos in this context already have navy and white, and they are available in different price ranges, from Luca Avitabile to Spier&Mackay.

I haven’t bought from either of these brands because of price or styling/details.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the color suggestions! Forest green and light blue are definitely on this list. Looks like we'll have to add burgundy too ;)

As for why we're starting with simple (albeit common) colors instead of more adventurous ones, the reason is that we want to make sure all of our offerings go well with each other. When we have the bandwith to expand the color range we definitely will!

tnjed

Reaction score
If you bypass the pre-order, will you still be able to buy directly from the site once the products are produced?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads