• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

loopwheeled sweatshirts

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
I think they do, just not the micro one that flathead has.

Those machines are probably worth $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

200 machines left in world, yeah, id say they would be extremely valuable to those in need of one.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
time to bump this thread...

here is a navy studio d artisan crewneck sweatshirt i just got. thanks gordon!

this fits a little different than the buzz rickson (set-in sleeve) sweatshirt. it is slightly longer in length and actually feels a little more comfortable than a br. it also has some great details in my opinion, i.e., the stitched label on the bottom and stitch run-off at the sleeves.

DSCN1097.jpg
DSCN1077.jpg

this is really blurry photo of the inside...
DSCN1068.jpg

DSCN1102.jpg
DSCN1096.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
still need me one of these after 4 years still no kop
musicboohoo[1].gif

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
^ This will be the year for me. About to start looking
hey rose and jet...if you guys can fit into this srj it is one of the best. but im a fat ass and they dont "accommodate" my size
smile.gif
nobody really talks about this line but im telling ya, this is the softest l/w sweats i have ever felt, like pbjs... http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikecch
Very nice mate, nice to see some SDA love - sweater looks good! I still reckon you can't beat BR sweats in terms of value for money - I cop them at around $80 a pop :p
really...where, how, when? thats awesome.

mikecch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
really...where, how, when? thats awesome.
Haha, my grandparents visit Japan once in a full moon, and there is a military repro store which stocks large amounts of BR sweats and usually puts them on sale at 25 to 30% off the Japanese retail price (they don't do overseas order though). You're very right in that the sweats fit a bit shorter! Good for wearing a jacket over the top, but if wearing the sweater by itself, I recommend sizing one up. I've got some here...
DSC02390.jpg
DSC02400.jpg
This one from SE:
DSC02289.jpg
Some from the sister brand, Cheswick...light in fabric and not the tubular design like BR, but high quality nevertheless ($40 a pop from the same store, uber cheap):
DSC04093.jpg
DSC04083.jpg
Couple of sweatshirt write-ups on my blog too (bonus BR fitpic included): http://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/20...wick-sweaters/ http://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/20...s-sweatshirts/

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
god...can i give grandma and grandpa some $ next time...i got a list of stuff i need
smile.gif
plus you have better belts than me too! that sucks so bad...
smile.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
hey rose and jet...if you guys can fit into this srj it is one of the best. but im a fat ass and they dont "accommodate" my size
smile.gif
nobody really talks about this line but im telling ya, this is the softest l/w sweats i have ever felt, like pbjs...

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

Thanks, that sizing is ridiculous though 38 chest on a 50? Not a huge fan of the criss cross stitch that's why I want a lw. One of these days.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Where can I cop a Studio D'artisan besides BlueInGreenSoho?

They don't have my size (M)...I like the idea of getting my proper size with slightly longer measurements than BR.

My BR loopwheeler fits short. I've thought about sizing up to a large, but I really like the fit besides how short it is. If I had just a couple more inches in the arms and length it would be perfect.

My feeling is, a large BR would not fit me desirably in the neck and shoulders. Seems Studio D'Artisan would be a perfect fit.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn. Sold me on that navy crew from BiG for my birthday, assuming they still have large in stock in 2-3 weeks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads