• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for these shoes, but shorter...

WatchGuy

Reaction score
I really like these Red Wing boots, but I wish they were shoes and not boots. I would imagine it would be too much of a challenge to shorten them. (right?)

I have seen many other shoes that are similar in style, but nothing quite as nice as these. I really like the lines on these shoes, the color, and soles. I can't find anything out there that looks quite as nice in an oxford. Red Wing does not make them.

Do any of you guys know if something like this exists?

Thanks in advance.

88346br6796fg3.jpg

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't mess with a good thing--just get the boots.

If you want shoes and want to stick with red wing, a local red wing store might have something closer to what you're looking for, although I think they'd come less broken in/patinated.

Those are the ones J crew is selling, right?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
LL Bean, Cabela's, and a couple of other places have lots of shoes similar to those. I don't know if you'll find shoes with soles that serious though, and they might look pretty goofy.

And actually, you might be able to have them cut down by a good shoe guy, but I don't know for sure.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are the ones J.Crew is selling. I like that version and might snag a pair if they drop down in price.

I don't think you'll find an oxford type version of these because they'd defeat the purpose of the style in the first place, which is to both protect and brace your feet and help give you traction in really rough areas. They're also not as tall as you think, and they only go high enough to cover your ankles.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I think you are right that I should just get them and not worry about them being too high. They probably would look strange if they were shorter. I'll just have to find something else in an oxford.

Yes, these are the Red Wings sold by J.crew.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like those boots and plan on buying a pair - but I'm undecided on which color - hickory or dark wood? Anyone?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads