• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smerf

Reaction score

SnakeDoctor

Reaction score

For Plimico and Kempton sizing I am an 11 US (D)M would I be just a 10 F with Loake?

I'm a 9.5D US in the AE 65 last and was sized by a chap in a Loake shop as a 9F on the 026 last (Langdale) because I found the 026 last a bit narrower. In the end I think it was a bit roomy, but I had my cobbler install some extra padding under the insole and now they're lovely. When I bought my Kemptons, I knew I want to be able to wear them with slightly thicker socks in cooler weather so I went with a 9 again and they're perfect.

Also, for all you fellow Americans out there, be advised that Loake is restricting UK stockists from shipping their products to the US as of this Monday the 1st so get your orders in!

smerf

Reaction score

I'm a 9.5D US in the AE 65 last and was sized by a chap in a Loake shop as a 9F on the 026 last (Langdale) because I found the 026 last a bit narrower. In the end I think it was a bit roomy, but I had my cobbler install some extra padding under the insole and now they're lovely. When I bought my Kemptons, I knew I want to be able to wear them with slightly thicker socks in cooler weather so I went with a 9 again and they're perfect.

Also, for all you fellow Americans out there, be advised that Loake is restricting UK stockists from shipping their products to the US as of this Monday the 1st so get your orders in!

Yea, that restriction sucks... :/ After those 125 years or so Loake is a global brand and it should recognise that their customers are from ALL OVER the world. There's nothing we can do about it I guess, except feel for our American colleagues
1f614.png

Last edited:

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yea, that restriction sucks... :/ After those 125 years or so Loake is a global brand and it should recognise that their customers are from ALL OVER the world. There's nothing we can do about it I guess, except feel for our American colleagues
1f614.png

If Loake had some well established network of US based dealers it wanted to protect or wanted to sell to US customers direct from its own website, I guess it would somewhat make sense. However, neither is apparently the case.

I guess I'll just have to enjoy the one pair I have.

smerf

Reaction score
Yes. probably the only means of getting good value Loake shoes in the US will be eBay or from smaller chain EU retailers that actually ship to non-EU countries.

SnakeDoctor

Reaction score
I am pretty upset about this. Now we Yanks will just have to keep our eyes peeled for sales at East Dane and Gilt, etc.

Also, I haven't really seen too much about these on the web at all so I thought I would share. They're the Worton on the Pennine last; got them in a couple of weeks ago and absolutely adore them. I have somewhat wide feet so I didn't size down at all but I wish I had done, maybe half a size. With tongue pads though, they work just fine with both thick and thin socks and no heel slip. Gorgeous shoes; highly recommended.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am pretty upset about this. Now we Yanks will just have to keep our eyes peeled for sales at East Dane and Gilt, etc.

Also, I haven't really seen too much about these on the web at all so I thought I would share. They're the Worton on the Pennine last; got them in a couple of weeks ago and absolutely adore them. I have somewhat wide feet so I didn't size down at all but I wish I had done, maybe half a size. With tongue pads though, they work just fine with both thick and thin socks and no heel slip. Gorgeous shoes; highly recommended.

Thanks for sharing. Those are very nice casual shoes. The red Dainite sole makes them quite unique.

Ransyn

Reaction score
Was a bit of a struggle for me to find somewhere that shipped to australia since the export restrictions

I ended up using colin white menswear (site below) Got my order within a week, and got promt replies when i messaged about it.

Now a proud owner of a pair of Loake churchills =]

http://cwmenswear.co.uk/

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
No, no replacement was arranged, I was just instructed to follow the return instructions on the website. I had a second order on hold (awaiting confirmation of the fit) which I had to cancel. It was disappointing, as the shoes were impeccably finished. To be honest, there was so much extra volume in the shoe, I am not convinced that another half size down would fit perfectly. It is hard to commit to try another pair with the knowledge that it may cost me another $65 with still no shoes to show for the money.

Everyone with your company has been very polite and helpful, the shoes seem quite nice and some styles that I don't see from Allen Edmonds. Sorry to hear about the export restrictions, I hope it does not hamper your fine business.
Thank you for your kind comments about your contacts with our business. It is frustrating and expensive when shoes ordered from abroad do no fit. I hope you manage to find something to suit you - our advisor David and Stephen are always available via email or chat - and now they will have the added information regarding the fitting of your post recent purchase to assist them.

dohare

Reaction score
I'm traveling to Dublin in the spring (from US) anyone have any store recommendations where I can grab some Loakes? Figured it might be prudent per the new export restrictions.

SnakeDoctor

Reaction score
When did you order yours and how long did they take to ship out? I ordered a pair of the Hydes from Pediwear four days ago and have yet to see any change in status. I ordered my Kemptons last fall from Herring and I believe they were much quicker to despatch and arrive.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recieved my Loake Kemptons from Pediwear. Absolutely beautiful shoe, something you really can't seem to get from the American makers.

Despite my request to ship via Royal Mail only, I was smacked with $80 in duties to Canada. No sign on the package that they actually were shipped via Royal Mail. I suppose this isn't an issue moving forward due to Loake's shipping restriction.

Not sure why you can't tell how the package was shipped. There must be a shipping label of some sort.

If the package was not delivered by courier (DHL/UPS/FedEx) then it was sent by Royal Mail. I have ordered from Pediwear in the past and shipping has always been by Royal Mail to the US.

Last edited:

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When did you order yours and how long did they take to ship out? I ordered a pair of the Hydes from Pediwear four days ago and have yet to see any change in status. I ordered my Kemptons last fall from Herring and I believe they were much quicker to despatch and arrive.

so if you ordered on Friday, it's been 2 business days or so? I'd be patient. Pediwear has come through for me on four previous orders, though I agree that they weren't fast as Herring. Don't know 100% for sure but I would guess that they have had a large number of orders before the Feb 1 restriction of shipments to the US and Canada.

Last edited:

Odradek

Reaction score
Almost bought Loake Pimlicos last night just as the Pediwear sale was ending, but managed to restrain myself.
I've bought two pairs of boots since late November, so I have to take it easy.

Going on a trip to the US in the summer and might come home with AE Daltons, but maybe Pimlicos will be on the shortlist for next winter.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gwendolytriegel