• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gbg brouge

Reaction score
Lookin for a sturdy winter/slush/mud kind of shoe and came upon the Loake Adams.

http://www.loake.co.uk/adams.html

I have never experienced the Colt last before.
Are there any of Loake fans out there who can give me some advice on the Adams and/or the Colt last?

I'm a 9,5 UK on both the Capital and the 026 lasts.

borbor

Reaction score
got two questions for the Loake experts here. Helping a friend clean out her house, and found these. I took them home and cleaned em up

Just wondering:
1) What model these are? (says shoe 759B on the inside, last K121)
2) are these made of shell or calf? I own almost all calf shoes and mine does not crease like this. Gut says cordovan, but just want to make sure as I was told the care for calf and cordovan is different.

Much thanks

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

got two questions for the Loake experts here. Helping a friend clean out her house, and found these. I took them home and cleaned em up Just wondering: 1) What model these are? (says shoe 759B on the inside, last K121) 2) are these made of shell or calf? I own almost all calf shoes and mine does not crease like this. Gut says cordovan, but just want to make sure as I was told the care for calf and cordovan is different. Much thanks
I would guess corrected grain

Claus

Reaction score

Are there any of Loake fans out there who can give me some advice on the Adams and/or the Colt last?

Since nobody said anything yet…

I have only one member who considers a shoe made on the Colt last to fit really comfortable. To give you an idea: The same member considered Loake's 024 (F) last in the same size to be too tight. It seems to have a higher volume which would be typical for a last made for country/Winter shoes.

Gbg brouge

Reaction score
Since nobody said anything yet…

I have only one member who considers a shoe made on the Colt last to fit really comfortable. To give you an idea: The same member considered Loake's 024 (F) last in the same size to be too tight. It seems to have a higher volume which would be typical for a last made for country/Winter shoes.

Many thanks! It gives me a rough idea at least.
fing02[1].gif

Radhruin

Reaction score
Lookin for a sturdy winter/slush/mud kind of shoe and came upon the Loake Adams.

http://www.loake.co.uk/adams.html

I have never experienced the Colt last before.

I've got a Mulligan on the Colt last. I wear a 6.5 UK on the Capital last, and a 7UK on the Colt last gives me room for a felt insole and some thickish socks. I'd say the two lasts are pretty equal in terms of sizing, though the Colt feels a slight bit wider.

Gbg brouge

Reaction score
I've got a Mulligan on the Colt last. I wear a 6.5 UK on the Capital last, and a 7UK on the Colt last gives me room for a felt insole and some thickish socks. I'd say the two lasts are pretty equal in terms of sizing, though the Colt feels a slight bit wider.

Thank you very much! That was very helpful and I think I'll go for a pair of the Adams.
biggrin.gif

Gbg brouge

Reaction score
Can anyone identify this shoe?

According to Loake's Swedish website and blog, it's called the Downing
http://loake.se/blogg/2013/08/13/loake-1880-downing

Seems to be available in black calf also.

Could be a MTO shoe for Sweden, or else a model that hasn't been introduced yet. No mention of it on the UK site when I did a search for "Downing".
Quite right. It's a new model, supposed to be available in store in Sweden by the end of this month.
That should mean it will be on the Loake site too...hopefully
cheers.gif

Odradek

Reaction score

Quite right. It's a new model, supposed to be available in store in Sweden by the end of this month.
That should mean it will be on the Loake site too...hopefully :cheers:

So does Loake use Sweden as a sort of test market for new shoes?
The Swedish Loake blog is full of shoes and MTO options that the rest of us don't get.
It's a great site by the way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads