• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mcqueen007

Reaction score
Hello! New user.

I found these linen pants, and was wondering if these would be too much work for casual wear. I am in Italy, and don't have immediate access to a nearby dry cleaner.

http://www.islandimporter.com/product.php?productid=15

The additional image of the back of the pant shows a pretty nice-looking pant that I could wear with a button-down or a polo, but still not sweat to death.

Anyone familiar with these? I understand that I would have to get them hemmed.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are probably a troll.... but they look too long and pretty baggy. Then again maybe the baggy part is on purpose since linen is more casual.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are beach pants. I have few pairs of similar pants I wear for weekends. They feel great and IMHO looks great.

But they are for weekends and not for work.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice website, I want to be this guy!

ivory_miramar.jpg

mcqueen007

Reaction score
No, I am not a troll, but I'm not looking for baggy pants, either.

Put this on another thread, but I'm looking for a Sta-Prest fit (maybe a little straighter a cut), in a linen-like (breathable, light and cool) material.

david123

Reaction score
Yeah too baggy. I doubt you'll like them. I suppose you could have a tailor taper the legs. It's not easy finding linen pants that aren't huge.

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
Too baggy. I had baggy linen pants and I wore them out once... I was embarrassed. I got rid of them.

mcqueen007

Reaction score
Interesting posts on some chino threads I've been looking up. I wasn't blown away with Dockers or Land's End, but a lot of you are saying that for the lower prices, they are very good. Problem is, I thought they were too heavy in most instances. I've had golf pants that were more comfortable, but way too loose-fitting.

mcqueen007

Reaction score
And looking at the weaves of linen pants, I'd still need a pair that can be pressed/creased, if necessary.

Is there a perfect, lightweight, but sturdy chino that you would recommend? I'm currently looking at Land's End, Brooks Brothers, makeyourownjeans.com, Eddie Bauer and Lacoste, at the moment. Dockers K1 are the best-looking that I've seen, yet.

Last edited:

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linen? Today is going to be the last tropical hot, humid day of the year here. The season ends... that being said. My linen pants fit just fine. J. Crew, but it will be hard to find a pair.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And looking at the weaves of linen pants, I'd still need a pair that can be pressed/creased, if necessary.

Is there a perfect, lightweight, but sturdy chino that you would recommend? I'm currently looking at Land's End, Brooks Brothers, makeyourownjeans.com, Eddie Bauer and Lacoste, at the moment. Dockers K1 are the best-looking that I've seen, yet.

PRL had some on sale, I have a pair and they are nice. A little bit thicker than typical linen though. They fit slim!

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...=linen+pants&kw=linen+pants&parentPage=search

As far as Chino's, go with BB.

mcqueen007

Reaction score
Just ordered 2 pairs of BR chinos ($10 off + 30% off + free shipping) for $88.

They're all cotton, and the K-1 by Dockers is the best-looking chino (in terms of fit) that I have only SEEN and not tried on. Fall pants, I know, but the most mentioned pant I've gotten responses on were either Brooks Brothers chino or Lacoste linen pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads