• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

light grey/silver mens suit

danderton5

Reaction score
I have searched everywhere possible to me for a suit in 38R that is a very light gray color (some people call it silver) but haven't found anything! I was wondering if anyone out there knew of such a thing. I am not looking to spend more than $300 on this suit either because it won't be for formal occasions and will be traveling quiet frequently through airports and the like. So, if anyone has any good spots online or off (state of FL, USA) where I can find suits (this light gray suit), or if anyone actually can find it please let me know.

Here are two attached pictures to give you an idea of the color I am talking about.

Thanks a lot,
D.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for one also with no luck. Best I was told is the Fall trunk shows. You can look through swatches and probably find something.

wedgehead98

Reaction score
I'm sure this will generate flame wars...but...

Try "Wizard of Aahs" on EBay and his Baroni suits. He has couple really nice light gray options with flat front, single pleat, or double pleat pants. I'm wearing one today that looks awesome...e-mail him if you need something. He has access to Baroni's entire US inventory, even if he doesn't get them all loaded up on EBay.

For $250, it's a great suit...full floating canvas, nice pick stiching. My tailor has nothing but good things to say about the quality and I really like the ones I have.

It's not a $2500 Isaia...but with good tailoring they look really good...and the fabric is nice.

Countertenor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wedgehead98
I'm sure this will generate flame wars...but...

Try "Wizard of Aahs" on EBay and his Baroni suits. He has couple really nice light gray options with flat front, single pleat, or double pleat pants. I'm wearing one today that looks awesome...e-mail him if you need something. He has access to Baroni's entire US inventory, even if he doesn't get them all loaded up on EBay.

For $250, it's a great suit...full floating canvas, nice pick stiching. My tailor has nothing but good things to say about the quality and I really like the ones I have.

It's not a $2500 Isaia...but with good tailoring they look really good...and the fabric is nice.

Now there's a suit to be dissected!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of blasts from the past, how about Baron boutique's Collateral or Ocean's 12 suits?

danderton5

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Speaking of blasts from the past, how about Baron boutique's Collateral or Ocean's 12 suits?

The collateral one looks pretty close but it has a slight pattern, or maybe that's just the wool/cashmere? I am not sure. At $399 I wonder how the quality is at Baron's... anyone? fused or floating? etc..

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do some searches. Some here have tried Baron, with, IIRC, mixed results.

raphael

Reaction score
Originally Posted by danderton5
I have searched everywhere possible to me for a suit in 38R that is a very light gray color (some people call it silver) but haven't found anything! I was wondering if anyone out there knew of such a thing. I am not looking to spend more than $300 on this suit either because it won't be for formal occasions and will be traveling quiet frequently through airports and the like. So, if anyone has any good spots online or off (state of FL, USA) where I can find suits (this light gray suit), or if anyone actually can find it please let me know.

Here are two attached pictures to give you an idea of the color I am talking about.

Thanks a lot,
D.

I'm looking for such a suit myself - perhaps it is more of a spring collection offering.
It is not a good choice for travel because of the light color.

Hickey Freeman has a nice lighter-colored cloth with very slight sharkskin:
http://www.hickeyfreeman.com/website...AACMBPEIBG.jpg

Unfortunately, I do not like the HF cut on myself.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Go for a Canali ...The price tag is not too hefty and they're still beautiful suits and very comfortable to wear...
As light grey is a bit seasonal ,i will not spend a fortune on one of them but as the famous fashion equation is saying so well..Tastes+Nature=Do your own thing...

danderton5

Reaction score
There is a canali at a local suit shop... I think I will go take a look today. How much are Canali suits actually worth though? I don't want to get ripped off by this guy.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In italy ,around the £500/600 pounds mark...In London ,around the £700 mark but on sales ,you can find them around £400/450 mark...
In the US ,go and have a look in the sales ,you can finda bargain.....
They're good suits honestly priced compared to others big names...
Corneliani is also quite good in the same price range...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads