• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levi's Workwear by Filson - Now @ www.levis.com

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ He said he was sorry that I'd had a negative experience with their product and offered an exchange. Also commented that while the denim was a different hand than their rugged twill, he was confident that it would last and was a quality product, and thanked me for taking the time to provide feedback.

Shorty Long

Reaction score
Isn't the denim bag lined with canvas? What's the quality of the lining?

Originally Posted by dcg
^ He said he was sorry that I'd had a negative experience with their product and offered an exchange. Also commented that while the denim was a different hand than their rugged twill, he was confident that it would last and was a quality product, and thanked me for taking the time to provide feedback.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shorty Long
Isn't the denim bag lined with canvas? What's the quality of the lining?

It is, but it's nothing like the canvas on their canvas bags. The whole thing seemed rather flimsy.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg

So basically he's happy with the new lower quality Filson products. Awesome, all he needs to do is move production to China and his vision will be complete.

the_state

Reaction score
Nothing is more ignorant than when ppl think only the only high-quality goods in existence are manufactured in the USA. Someone's been sippin Michael Williams' Kool-Aid too much.

MinnesotaNice

Reaction score
i agree that I was expecting the denim to be sturdier, but I still think it's a quality product. the leather and hardware on mine seem on par with the other filson bags ive seen. mine was also shipped in a box not a bag, so i dindn't have any of the creasing issues. All that being said, i'm probably still returning mine because its so small and doesn't hold its shape as well as I had imagined. just wanted to give another perspective to those intrerested in the bag.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the_state
Nothing is more ignorant than when ppl think only the only high-quality goods in existence are manufactured in the USA. Someone's been sippin Michael Williams' Kool-Aid too much.

China is a metaphor for ****** products. Has been for some time now. I never said only "made in USA" was the only way to go, you just inferred it.

Tigerprawn

Reaction score
I dont think the Mackinaw Cap has gotten much discussion in here, but I ordered it using the coupon and I'm very happy with it. Tough rigid cap and the earflaps/neckwarmer is really nice. Gonna be perfect for Winter and trips out of town. For some odd reason it was shipped in a plastic bag and not a box. Fortunately nothing was damaged.

hattori_gonzo

Reaction score

Scoobersti

Reaction score
If anyone is still looking for the Type III, its back on Filson's site, but they are all backordered till 9/21/10.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
I also had a great experience with them recently. What are you planning on exchanging it for?

Django

Reaction score
Got my shooting shirt today, sending it back tomorrow. Comically gigantic. I'm generally an L in most brands; this shirt goes down to my knees, and the reinforced shoulders make it look like I have shoulderpads on.

Oh well, at least they make the returns easy.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I also had a great experience with them recently. What are you planning on exchanging it for?

Nothing, just going to return it. I read the offer to be an exchange for the same item - he mentioned the creasing that occurred during shipment and stated that they would do a better packing job. That's really a minor thing; had the materials been better it wouldn't have been an issue, just gave me an idea of what the bag will look like after some use.

acl1

Reaction score
the entirety of the past few pages really makes me wonder; this collection seems like a few more filson products that aren't really all that different from their current selection in materials, construction, fit(sorta), and pricepoint. What's the crux of this offering?

tlieu

Reaction score
Michael Williams is the Don Corleone of this blog ****, brah.
Just got my Filson x Levi's Trucker today from the Filson website. Paid $258 including shipping to Canada. Crazy, I know. I ordered a Small and this **** is tight. Just packed it up and sent it back for a Medium when they do get it hopefully on Sept.21st according to their site as of today. They even updated their entire site navigation.

I can fit into a the J.Crew x-small Red Chambray shirt and usually wear a 36-38 Blazer/jacket.
If anyone cares here are the measurements for the small trucker:
Filson x Levi's Trucker is 16" s2s, 19" p2p, 19" p2c, and a 17" waist.

Btw, the tin cloth does not feel waxy or greasy whatsoever unlike Barbour Wax Jackets.
Filson also includes the $9 Oil Finish Wax can for free.
The tin cloth creates nice creases on the jacket but can be simply removed by blow drying it and it look like new again.

This jacket is extra crispy, brah.

Originally Posted by the_state

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads