Levi's Workwear by Filson - Now @ www.levis.com

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by spudnik99, Aug 10, 2010.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I can't get into this jacket. It reminds me of something you'd wear while working in your barn.

I can't get into this jacket. it reminds me of something you'd wear while in a war.

[​IMG]

juuuust kidding! i see your point. but still what looks good looks good regardless. if its actually built to be of substance, function, And Form... then all the better right?!

2. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Because the duffle is not made of thick stiff fabric, it kind of scrunches up when it's held by the hand straps. I like the way it looks, but it may not be to some people's liking.

3. dcg

dcg Senior member

Because the duffle is not made of thick stiff fabric, it kind of scrunches up when it's held by the hand straps. I like the way it looks, but it may not be to some people's liking.
    I opened mine today and it was a total disappointment. -Leather is clearly inferior to my 257 -Levi's shipped the thing in a plastic bag rather than a box; as a result the straps have a bunch of ugly creases (not helped by the low quality leather) -Denim and canvas lining are both much less robust than I was expecting -It's almost comically small. Can't blame them much for that as the dimensions were listed on the site Handling my 257 and then handling this thing, there's no comparison. I don't hold out much hope for Levi's, but I'm disappointed in Filson (actually, even the denim isn't what I'd expected - the website says "Constructed of heavyweight rigid denim" - this is neither).

4. click here

click here Senior member

^Thanks for your impression, was thinking of getting it but now I won't. Naked and Famous has a similar looking one as well [​IMG] Anyone got experience with that bag (And crap realise I am going off topic)

5. Odd Morsel

Odd Morsel Senior member

Feel free. I'd wonder how we can even go 13 pages on a single, basic article of clothing but we're up to 390 pages on APC jeans with no signs of slowing down, so [​IMG]

^Thanks for your impression, was thinking of getting it but now I won't. Naked and Famous has a similar looking one as well

[​IMG]

Anyone got experience with that bag

(And crap realise I am going off topic)

6. jobsey

jobsey New Member

Hi, I actually have a XL size for the trucker jacket. Am willing to do a trade with anyone with a size L? I reside in Australia.

For now I'll consider a trade. I'll consider selling it if nobody is interesting in trading!

Thanks

7. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

the denim isnt very thick, but the leather on mine is just fine. It's durable enough to last a long time.

8. hattori_gonzo

hattori_gonzo Senior member

I opened mine today and it was a total disappointment. -Leather is clearly inferior to my 257 -Levi's shipped the thing in a plastic bag rather than a box; as a result the straps have a bunch of ugly creases (not helped by the low quality leather) -Denim and canvas lining are both much less robust than I was expecting -It's almost comically small. Can't blame them much for that as the dimensions were listed on the site Handling my 257 and then handling this thing, there's no comparison. I don't hold out much hope for Levi's, but I'm disappointed in Filson (actually, even the denim isn't what I'd expected - the website says "Constructed of heavyweight rigid denim" - this is neither).
    Really, wow i think I'm just gonna buy now the regular filson duffle small bag... Too bad that the urbanoutfitters is not available anymore, it looks like this one but I'm sure the quality was FAR better (if someone knows where i can buy it or has one to sell PM me [​IMG] ) [​IMG]

9. hattori_gonzo

hattori_gonzo Senior member

^Thanks for your impression, was thinking of getting it but now I won't. Naked and Famous has a similar looking one as well [​IMG] Anyone got experience with that bag (And crap realise I am going off topic)
    this looks like a cheap copy, from a taiwanese factory, compared to the Filson

10. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior member

[​IMG] very nice bag
    I think it looks like shit, sorry. It's not up to filson's normal leather and it's so small it's less duffel and more purse. I was disappointed when I saw it. You're better off with one of filson's other waxwear/cloth bags or even with the land's end Canvas 1963 Trip Bag. When I think Filson I think RUGGED- then practical, then stylish. They should have really pushed back on this and made the duffel larger with better quality hardware and leather at least on par with their field bags. Filson I am disappoint.

11. tlieu

tlieu Well-Known Member

What's the point of these Denim bags or Denim Duffle bags? Doesn't matter who makes them. It looks cool but just doesn't make any sense for wear. The idea of rubbing indigo all over your close while wearing these duffle bags just boggles my mind. Maybe I'm missing something here.

12. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior member

What's the point of these Denim bags or Denim Duffle bags? Doesn't matter who makes them. It looks cool but just doesn't make any sense for wear. The idea of rubbing indigo all over your close while wearing these duffle bags just boggles my mind. Maybe I'm missing something here.

+1.

13. click here

click here Senior member

Too bad that the urbanoutfitters is not available anymore, it looks like this one but I'm sure the quality was FAR better (if someone knows where i can buy it or has one to sell PM me [​IMG] ) [​IMG]
    Not the one you are referring to but I saw this filson bag on sale at urbanoutfitters. http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...edProductSize= It looks bad...

14. dcg

dcg Senior member

I opened mine today and it was a total disappointment.

-Leather is clearly inferior to my 257
    -Levi's shipped the thing in a plastic bag rather than a box; as a result the straps have a bunch of ugly creases (not helped by the low quality leather)
    -Denim and canvas lining are both much less robust than I was expecting
    -It's almost comically small. Can't blame them much for that as the dimensions were listed on the site

Handling my 257 and then handling this thing, there's no comparison. I don't hold out much hope for Levi's, but I'm disappointed in Filson (actually, even the denim isn't what I'd expected - the website says "Constructed of heavyweight rigid denim" - this is neither).

Credit where credit is due - I sent a quick note to Filson last night letting them know I was disappointed in the quality of the bag, and received an email - from the CEO - before noon ET today (this from a company in Seattle, so it wasn't even 9am local time for them).

15. click here

click here Senior member

Credit where credit is due - I sent a quick note to Filson last night letting them know I was disappointed in the quality of the bag, and received an email - from the CEO - before noon ET today (this from a company in Seattle, so it wasn't even 9am local time for them).
    and....? Come on, don't keep us hanging!