1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Levi's Workwear by Filson - Now @ www.levis.com

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by spudnik99, Aug 10, 2010.

1. astralazia

astralazia Member

It's not available on Levi's website anymore but you can still pick it up from Filson's website. I believe it ships 9/20.

2. astralazia

astralazia Member

Nevermind, just checked and ship date is 10/14 now. I have a size L that I picked up from the Levi's Store but waiting to get the M from Filson to see if it fits a little better. What's weird is I don't think any of the Levi's Stores in NY even carried the M.

3. jessethehairdresser

jessethehairdresser New Member

Yeah they fit nice n snug. The L is a M . I just received my XL (L) that was backordered a month ago at Filson.com. and i am very happy with it. The only thing is , im not sure about how the moleskin collar and cuffs are going to hold up over time . Filson's tin cloth is extremely durable. I also have a Tin Cruiser. Also, check out the filson trucker jacket without the liner . it's cool.

4. subdivide

subdivide Senior member

Here's some strange info from Filson:

Thank you your e-mail. The measurement on item # 10502 the Oil Finish Trucker jacket from armpit to armpit on the large is 26" and the X Large is 27.5".

If you have other questions or concerns regarding this please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you for choosing Filson. Have a great day!

Warm Regards,

Paul
    Filson Customer Service
    1-800-624-0201
    paul.pallas@filson.com

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

cherry-picking negative examples doesn't prove shit, lots of garbage is made everywhere where anything is manufactured. i have a coat that was made in canada and shirts that were made in the US that are way worse quality than some of my made in china items. you're correct in stating that manufacturing in china is directly related to saving costs, but that doesn't mean everything that comes out of there is low quality; in fact, many companies use chinese manufacturing to deliver a higher quality product for mid-to-low quality costs.

very interesting. I've always assumed that made in china is synonymous with low quality. However, In recent experience I've been questioning this as well because of many high end purchases of mine having the label with "made in china" on it. This usually makes me shudder. When you put it that way it makes sense.

Wouldn't there be a large difference in quality though between something made in Italy vs China? I'd expect much more professionalism from the former.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Bumping this: Anybody have a line on an XL tin cloth Trucker Jacket? None of the stores have them and none have popped up on eBay. Seems like they made 10 of these things and that was it!

7. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Are there any coupon codes for Levis??? Please let me know!

8. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior member

Bumping this: Anybody have a line on an XL tin cloth Trucker Jacket? None of the stores have them and none have popped up on eBay. Seems like they made 10 of these things and that was it!

They're on filson.com shipping 11/11.

9. entrero

entrero Senior member

Wouldn't there be a large difference in quality though between something made in Italy vs China? I'd expect much more professionalism from the former.

Same chinamen, different countries. Supposedly better wages hence better quality

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

They're on filson.com shipping 11/11.
    AWESOME! Thanks for this.

11. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

11/11 is now 11/19. My order for a XL is being bumped back to the 19th an that isnt even guaranteed.

[​IMG]

12. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior member

11/11 is now 11/19. My order for a XL is being bumped back to the 19th an that isnt even guaranteed.

[​IMG]

XL's were all shipped out, if you haven't received a notice give them a call.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

XL's were all shipped out, if you haven't received a notice give them a call.
    They're out of stock now. Re stock doesn't come in until December 18.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Heads up to anyone interested - they just got in S, M, and L Filson trucker jackets online.

15. saer

saer Senior member

Heads up for anyone still looking for this, Levi's store in thousand oaks has 1 more XL in stock as of 3/1/11

Also if anyone has a M they would like to trade for an L, pm me.

16. s3lam

s3lam Senior member

Thanks Whatever123 for the proxy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I was in the Filson store in Portland this weekend. They have S, M, and L in stock for those who might be looking. Not sure if they ship or not. Full pop on the price of course: $198.

Still really like this jacket. May have to break down, but would love to be able to find a slightly better deal...

18. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Still really like this jacket. May have to break down, but would love to be able to find a slightly better deal...

+1

19. click here

click here Senior member

20. meso

meso Senior member

Not to open this discussion, just adding measurements for an XL, which are apparently nowhere on the nets. It is similar to my rigid levi's jean jacket, which has 1" longer arms.

Shoulders: 20"
    P2P: 22.5"
    Arms (S2C): 25"
    Length: 26.5"
    Waist: 21" (~38" with tabs)

I'm a measured 44" chest / 42 suit size, and the XL worked for me. Any smaller and the arms would be comically small and back too tight. The material is stiff so it tends to look boxy if you have it unbuttoned, even though it's relatively slim. I am 6'2 so I needed the arm length.