• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis Leather Jacket: As worn by Peter Fonda on Easy Rider. Any info?

Pakein

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm form Spain and I'm looking desperately for this jacket but I can't find anything about it. It is from last year collection and here in Madrid was sold very quickly. I haven't find it in any outlet store...

It's like the one that wears Peter Fonda as Captain America on Easy Rider and the one that usually wears Johnny Knoxville from Jackass.

There's another replica from Schott brand, but I want to find the Levi's one.

Someone's got any info about it or where to buy it?

Thank you!

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Peter Fonda?

A quick google brings up this thread which seems to have a lot of info, and that first link at the very top gives a list of vendors that make reproductions (including schott)

Edit: just realized you only wanted the Levis one, sorry.

Last edited:

Justhandguns

Reaction score
I just copied this from the same site about film jackets

EASY RIDER (1969)
ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER:

ABC LEATHERS

REPLICA VENDOR(S):

BATES LEATHERS
LEWIS LEATHERS
SCHOTT, NYC
SCOTT LEATHERS, INTERNATIONAL LTD.
VANSON LEATHERS, INC.

DESCRIPTION: This jacket was worn by Peter Fonda as Wyatt in the film Easy Rider.

Never heard of a Levi's replica, maybe it's a European special edition.

But honestly, the quality of Levi's leather jacket is not match to any of the listed manufacturers.
You can also find so many brand-less Easy Rider style jackets around as well.

Last edited:

Pakein

Reaction score
Thanks man! I knew I would find it! I wanted the M size but I really don't care, I will contact the guy to see if he stills have it.

Cris Valls

Reaction score
Hi! I'm not sure if you are still looking for this but I have one, the Levi's one. And I am listing it in ebay today, let me know if you are interested!

Hola, hace mucho de tu post pero yo tengo esta chaqueta y si quieres podemos arreglar la venta, hoy la pondre en ebay! Gracias! :)

Cristina

Ashash

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm form Spain and I'm looking desperately for this jacket but I can't find anything about it. It is from last year collection and here in Madrid was sold very quickly. I haven't find it in any outlet store...

It's like the one that wears Peter Fonda as Captain America on Easy Rider and the one that usually wears Johnny Knoxville from Jackass.

There's another replica from Schott brand, but I want to find the Levi's one.

Someone's got any info about it or where to buy it?

Thank you!

I’m after that Levi’s jacket too. I’m in the UK. Did you find it’s official name and places that have it?

Ashash

Reaction score
I’m after that Levi’s jacket too. I’m in the UK. Did you find it’s official name and places that have it?

Dzohn

Reaction score
Hi, i'm french and i found this thread because i have this jacket that i bought ten years ago on Ebay.
I search some info like if it's not a fake, his price, quality, etc.
I can't find it anywhere else on the web.
Here some photos

Attachments

• IMG_20220321_184303.jpg
    IMG_20220321_184303.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20220321_184308.jpg
    IMG_20220321_184308.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20220321_184348.jpg
    IMG_20220321_184348.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 156

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads