• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let me axe you a question

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Lol. But a Gilt **** label would only compound the problem by suggesting the very thing men fear-- that their clothing choices will somehow make them look gay or effeminate. The MAN label appears to be a form of subtle re-assurance for guys that the clothing is manly. Think I'm wrong? Then explain why there is no Gilt WOMEN logo. Oh and I cannot help but think this axe sale is a publicity stunt. Just look at all the attention it's receiving!
No, I completely agree with you. Plus that god-awful leather jeans label effect. The whole site is tacky and garbage. Right now it's like: Gilt MAN It should be like GILT no **** to better express the insecurity.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1

loofas
pomegranate skin scrub
foulards

i'm there!!
bounce2.gif

eightdouble

Reaction score
i have been anxiously awaiting a fuckyeahmenswear.tumblr.com post with one of these pics.

ps: i was very pleased this thread was not about body spray.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Why is their logo "Gilt MAN" with man in huge letters, while on the women's section it is just plain "Gilt". We see this everywhere. Another good example of this phenomia is the Junya labels.... I would like to see Gilt sell those axes in the women's section too, complete with a picture of a hot girl wearing that axe strapped to her back.
Don't forget Westwood

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
everyday carry with firestarting cotton balls in an altoids tin, cellular internet card, RealTree walkie talkie, tactical weapons, and the book of mormon - respekt; now I see what the other guy was talking about with the pockets at the office. Never know when you need to kill a ***** and burn the evidence.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
everyday carry with firestarting cotton balls in an altoids tin, cellular internet card, RealTree walkie talkie, tactical weapons, and the book of mormon - respekt; now I see what the other guy was talking about with the pockets at the office. Never know when you need to kill a ***** and burn the evidence.

Where's the matches? Lol. If that's his kit for out in the wild well good luck. That's gotta be the worst emergency kit I've ever seen.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
Where's the matches? Lol. If that's his kit for out in the wild well good luck. That's gotta be the worst emergency kit I've ever seen.

what's sad is that this guy may have no heard of the iPhone before; his carry load could be cut in half.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
I usually carry a francisca, in case I run into roving bands of Visigoths or Ninjagoths.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I actually need to EDC a portable sewing kit. I keep the needles and some thread in the coin pocket of my wallet but I need snips. Scared of becoming the leatherman to tactical weapons EDC guy, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads