• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep they're all the same cut/style.
It was the Suit Coat, then it disappeared and came back as the New Suit Coat, then it was the Chesterfield, now Suit Coat again. Because it's supposed to fit over a suit.
Mid thigh or a bit longer, Chesterfield has half raglan sleeves and that's the only difference as far as I can tell. But i don't know if thats purposeful or just a coincidence that he decided to try and half raglan those 2 seasons when he called it a chesterfield.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FWIW @FrankCowperwood I think the Short DB Coat is really cool, a lot more interesting, better colour and fabric, and you'd kill that look imo.

1611461434886.png

rodgers12

Reaction score
Hahaha I need to stop trying to guess what things are when I’m looking on a small ass phone screen.

so I started slow this season and didn’t really buy anything after the kimono coat and zip rollneck from the pre order and then the jersey string pants. But I’ve gone a bit nuts lately and picked up:
Wadded blouson (really dope and a definite sleeper piece)
Military wool 4 pleats
Off white ventile 4 pleats
Striped western shirt
Cub brown convertible collar shirt
Grey slim blazer
Grey suit trouser
Cub brown belted db blazer
Black Napa small croissant bag

and I just ordered the off white Chinese slippers from SS21

I’ll try and get pics when they arrive but atm only the wadded blouson is here
Thoughts on the zipped roll neck? Highly tempted to cop after I saw it was on sale although not sure why they named it as such.

Reactions: RGJ

RGJ

Reaction score
I've been eyeing the roll neck, too! Does anyone know about the sizing?

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FW21 can have my money. Awesome presentation too.

@OccultaVexillum Those 2 look great for sure.
I feel like they might also be slightly less structured in the shoulders? Though it could easily just be that the suit coat looks more squarish because of the suit jacket underneath

That’s a fair assessment. But then I wonder if that’s a fatal flaw or if there is some charm in it.

That's a very slippery slope my friend.
To be fair I'm sure it can look ok but... I don't feel there's much Lemaire in it, might as well grab a thrift coat off ebay or whatever (admittedly that's my line for most (too many?) things on here...)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this... reversible shearling is bonkers.

1611526749011.png

1611527266159.png

Also, it is amazing how much better this shearling is than last season's shearling:

1611527383815.png

And really like this.

1611527249909.png

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Potato potato but I think that might just be a shearling jacket worn inside out?

Doesn't always work but I've got a couple shearling outerwear you can pretty much wear both sides in/out. Button closure and neat finishing help. Why would you want the fluffy part on the outside though...

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@rodgers12 @RGJ
It’s real nice. I went TTS and got XL, it’s slouchy that way but not huge or anything. I only got to wear it twice before it got too hot here but it was very warm and the two way zip is nice a smooth.
I posted pics when I got it at the start of the season so it’s probably 10+ pages back by now.
fwiw, that and the western shirt are the only thing I went TTS with this season.
zip rollneck - XL
Kimono coat - 50
Wadded blouson - 50
Convertible collar shirt - Large

superpotato

Reaction score

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum Those 2 look great for sure.
I feel like they might also be slightly less structured in the shoulders? Though it could easily just be that the suit coat looks more squarish because of the suit jacket underneath?

You're probably right, the blazers have structured shoulders and light padding so it would be filling out the shoulder more.
Mine both have a half raglan shoulder too so that softens it, and genetically i have sloping shoulders.

kika

Reaction score
The chesterfield/“new suit coat” is not his best for sure. Lapels are a bit weak and the length is too short. When it’s a basic wool or something I don’t really think they’re worthwhile especially when there’s other coats in the lineup.
With that said. I have 2 of them and love them but they are both more interesting makeups.
The hairy alpaca is an amazing fabric and changes the coat a lot, and the mastic wool belted chesterfield was a little longer and the colour+belt gives it a different vibe.
View attachment 1541771
View attachment 1541772
Love those boots, both of them. I wonder what those are?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads