• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Left Field NYC Clothing Thread

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about the wool ones. Do they fit the same or are they a bit looser / tighter due to the fabric?

EPHR

Reaction score
The F/W new arrivals look awesome especially that hunting vest. I recently became a huge fan after buying a pair of the greasers this summer. Keep up the awesome work. Also, are there any plans for some new shirt options?

LFNYC

Reaction score
thanks! Shirting has been very difficult everyone is using the same Mills and is getting repetitive. Not to mention Gitman kind of locked down the market and since they own their factory they can offer cheaper pricing. On the other hand I am doing a chain stitch work shirt made in America. Many of the Japanese ones don't fit American bodies. I did the armhole chain stitch as well so it will be as good if not better then the Japanese work shirts. I am delivering this January. The brown White Oak feels a little thinner then the indigo so maybe 11 oz. thanks, Christian

Tuco

Reaction score
Thanks for the Black Friday code! Just ordered my 1st 2 pairs of Left Field Chinos, they look great, excited to get them. Happy Thanksgiving!

konadog

Reaction score

How much shrink can I expect from the Canvas Miner Chino?

probably very little if you hang dry it. both my white oak miner chinos shrank only a bit after washes and quickly stretched back to where they were before wash. that being said, both stretched a bit from new after a few wears.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got some tailored fits from BiG for the red cross sale, so tight in the seat :(

Took same size as miner ones as I have a bit of room in the 34s

indigoeagle

Reaction score
What's your experience with the brown Cone duck tailored chinos with regard to the thighs.
How much will they stretch with wear?
I found that with most other pants I got quite some stretch in the waist but hardly any in the thighs.
tia

ShiroiAkuma

Reaction score
Most pants in general don't stretch in the thighs, the waist stretches due to the constant pressure. Not to mention if you are worried about thigh size, size up at least one.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
most *non-denim* pants that is.

But yes, the duck canvas does not have that much stretch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads