1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Left Field NYC Clothing Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eltopo, Feb 14, 2010.

1. polofitted007

polofitted007 Member

2. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Indigo selvedge Duck Kerouac from the seconds section 36w

Had to have these after seeing the Fade Friday submission last week. Def a bit tight in the thigh area which caused the pockets to pop out a bit but its calmed down after a few days of wear

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. iammortalcombat

iammortalcombat Member

I'm looking at picking up a pair of Greasers bc it's getting frustrating trying to to fit 26" thighs into anything "slim." How much stretch can I expect to see?

4. trailer36

trailer36 Senior member

Dude, I have the exact same problem and exact same size thighs. I just bought the 34 cone greasers from the left field website (most recent lot) and they are perfect. Slim but not tight. I hate jeans that are too tight and I have to stretch them to fit. From what I hear, the cone will stretch though if need be. But I am hoping I don't gain and need that to happen.

5. iammortalcombat

iammortalcombat Member

Yea I have a pretty big butt from squats and dl's so finding anything is a problem.

6. trailer36

trailer36 Senior member

Yep, Olympic lifting here so all I do is some variation of pull or squat. The greasers are the only jean that fits me the way I want

7. iammortalcombat

iammortalcombat Member

Trailer, did you size down? I have a 36 measured waist. Trying to determine if I should get 34/35/36.

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Buy elsewhere. They have the worst customer service ever. Much better brands to support

9. trailer36

trailer36 Senior member

I actually sized up as I am a 32-33 waist. But either 35 or 36 should work for you. I have a pair of 36s I wear and the thighs measure right at 13.5". That combined with the relatively high rise should give you ample room. I would order the 35 and 36 and return the one that doesn't work out. Not sure how slim you are trying to go.

10. iammortalcombat

iammortalcombat Member

Ryden, could you elaborate? I have been emailing them and have gotten frequent and quick followup from Christian directly.

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Sure. I bought a pair of pants in two different sizes unsure of my size. When I went to return them I was told they were sale items. Apparently the pants were listed on a sale page if you want to it. However on the item itself it said nothing, in the phone call I had with Christian about my sizing and my plan he never mentioned it, etcetera. I had to fight it through Amex and Left Field was awful through the whole thing. I would never buy from them or recommend them

12. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

They sent me a "variety" pack and it was filled with shit without tags, crappy white tee's and nothing of value. I told them that it was bait and switch because they assured a high end item or jeans and I didn't get anything. I fought it through paypal and won, they followed up by telling me never to shop there again

13. zHugh

zHugh Member

It's sad to see some people having bad experiences with them on a customer service level. I have purchased several LF items through re-sellers so I've never dealt with LF directly but as far as garment quality goes they are second to none in my experience. Their chinos and sweats are built like tanks. I can see these things still going strong 10 years from now. And the style and fit are right up my alley.

14. iammortalcombat

iammortalcombat Member

Yep, I really like the looks and the details of the denim (bandana pockets). I'm probably going the Greaser for fit since no one locally sells them. Just need to hope they fit my legs since there is no "regular" fit. If they don't fit how I hope, then I will go with another brand.

15. LFNYC

LFNYC Active Member

@rydenfan It's pretty crystal clear on the return policy not sure why you don't get it, maybe time to move on my friend and stop hating.
    @Fenderplyr Examples of possible Variety Box offerings...

3 basic Left Field tees
    Heavy weight zip front hoodie and basic Left Field tee
    Chino or jean samples

16. LFNYC

LFNYC Active Member

just to put this to bed anything ending in.99 is a sale item, I thought that was common knowledge? they all should have Sale next to the description as well. There was never intention to confuse or mislead anyone regarding sale but every store has a specific policy on sales and I think it's rather fair since we do offer store credit.

with all that aside we will try to make sure we follow up with questions on the site.
    thanks for the support! C

17. zHugh

zHugh Member

I don't know the specifics of rydenfan's experience but as far as Fenderplyr's post goes I don't see what the issue is. The website states that the variety boxes may contains samples so I don't see how "shit without tags" is a valid complaint. How does the lack of tags or even a box containing tees constitute "nothing of value"?

1 person likes this.
  18. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

The description didn't help either having plus signs next to each item making it seem like you will get Tee's AND a pair of pants. Either way, Paypal agreed in my favor and got to return my $70 worth of white tees back

19. LFNYC

LFNYC Active Member

I cut and pasted the description from the site in my response above. No where does it state you will get tees and a pair of pants. It clearly states that you can receive 3 basic Left Field tees, which is what you received. Paypal doesn't respect store policies which is why we are switching over to bitcoin.

20. LFNYC

LFNYC Active Member

We never give anyone 3 of the same color t-shirt as well.