• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lebron's $200K Vegas night club receipt

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fir3fox
I can't explain how they got rich, but some of them clearly act like fools now that they are. Rashard Lewis $188M, Jeter $51M, Zambrano $73M, Steve Spurrier $25M.... and aren't the Mets still paying Bobby Bonillla?
Originally Posted by drbaw
It's not the money spent on idle luxury that offends me. It's the money spent on low quality brand-driven idle luxury that offends me.
Originally Posted by Stedye
A Frivolous waste of Money. Truly not a Model Man off the Court. I hope he has a Foundation in place that will do good that actually benefits humanity. It is his choice on how to spend his money and I accept that it is his Free will to as he pleases... But... Come onnn Lebron. He is literally pissing his money away because with all this liquor, the bathroom had a date with his bladder ,and, the bladders of his friends.
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I blame society as a whole for letting this go on whilst people that actually benefit society are monetarily belittled: cops, teachers, fire fighters, hell even engineers.
Lebron james has an enormous impact on the economy for one person. All of those sports stars make their owners several multiples of what they're paid a year. They also create and maintain a hell of a lot of jobs. Merchandise, stadium/arena maintenance/concessions/, organizational staff, broadcasting etc... a lot of ordinary people's lives depend on the fame and accomplishments of these stars. They also all have foundations that contribute more to worthy causes than any of you will ever be able to. Also, I'm sure all of you, at one point or another, paid for a night out for all of your friends. That is what he did. Who cares that he has "bad taste in wine." Dom and Cristal is all that is available at clubs. There isn't a wide selection, and they all charge that much money for that ****. Also with an economy as bad as ours, who the **** are we to complain when someone like Lebron infuses it with $200,000 in a couple of hours. The tip that the waitress got (who is not rich,) can probably help her pay off student loans, mortgages, car payments, and credit card debt. He did more good for someone that night than most of you will do in a year, so shut the **** up. I cannot stand how people will rail on and on about this ****, looking at nothing more than the salaries of these players, and not stop to consider any of the above. None of this fell in their laps, they worked for it. Yes, they're lucky to be born with genetic gifts that are far more marketable than whatever you or I can do. However, they've usually worked extremely hard to achieve their current level, and if you had a skill like they did, I'm sure you wouldn't turn down the money you'd be making. Partially because you'd be very aware of the fact of how much MORE you're making for your team's owner and advertisers.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The only thing that delivered more than that bill was this thread.
fing02[1].gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just in case you were wondering if sports 'stars' are overpaid...

This is one of the stupidest things you've ever said.

I can't explain how they got rich, but some of them clearly act like fools now that they are. Rashard Lewis $188M, Jeter $51M, Zambrano $73M, Steve Spurrier $25M.... and aren't the Mets still paying Bobby Bonillla?

I blame society as a whole for letting this go on whilst people that actually benefit society are monetarily belittled: cops, teachers, fire fighters, hell even engineers.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
I didnt even think you could get champagne that big due to the pressure. Well played!
I've seen 12L before
Just in case you were wondering if sports 'stars' are overpaid...
What makes you think they are overpaid?
Originally Posted by runner-guy
Too bad that $200K didn't buy him any class.
he's not trying to buy class, he's buying a ******* party
Originally Posted by Stedye
A Frivolous waste of Money. Truly not a Model Man off the Court. I hope he has a Foundation in place that will do good that actually benefits humanity. It is his choice on how to spend his money and I accept that it is his Free will to as he pleases... But... Come onnn Lebron. He is literally pissing his money away because with all this liquor, the bathroom had a date with his bladder ,and, the bladders of his friends.
Ah, so rich young people are supposed to donate 95% of their disposable income to "foundations", makes perfect sense. And when you get your next raise, how much will you donate?
I can explain it: someone wanted to pay them.
So, you have never watched any sports in your life? Maybe you also think musicians and actors are overpaid, you've never watched tv or bought music? Basically 90% of these responses boil down to "I am jealous of someone who can spend this kind of money, so I will try to respond in a way that attempts to make this person look bad" So someone who makes $80,000,000.00 every year isn't allowed to have a 200k party? This guy is going to make $5 mil a year long after his career is done (see Jordan). He can afford it

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Lebron james has an enormous impact on the economy for one person. All of those sports stars make their owners several multiples of what they're paid a year. They also create and maintain a hell of a lot of jobs. Merchandise, stadium/arena maintenance/concessions/, organizational staff, broadcasting etc... a lot of ordinary people's lives depend on the fame and accomplishments of these stars. They also all have foundations that contribute more to worthy causes than any of you will ever be able to.

Also, I'm sure all of you, at one point or another, paid for a night out for all of your friends. That is what he did. Who cares that he has "bad taste in wine."

Dom and Cristal is all that is available at clubs. There isn't a wide selection, and they all charge that much money for that ****. Also with an economy as bad as ours, who the **** are we to complain when someone like Lebron infuses it with $200,000 in a couple of hours. The tip that the waitress got (who is not rich,) can probably help her pay off student loans, mortgages, car payments, and credit card debt.

He did more good for someone that night than most of you will do in a year, so shut the **** up.

I cannot stand how people will rail on and on about this ****, looking at nothing more than the salaries of these players, and not stop to consider any of the above. None of this fell in their laps, they worked for it. Yes, they're lucky to be born with genetic gifts that are far more marketable than whatever you or I can do. However, they've usually worked extremely hard to achieve their current level, and if you had a skill like they did, I'm sure you wouldn't turn down the money you'd be making. Partially because you'd be very aware of the fact of how much MORE you're making for your team's owner and advertisers.

Honestly these people are just jelly. Just like they are jelly of bankers, lawyers, etc.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree with you, but I don't blame Lebron or the guy paying him. I blame the people that will pay $100 for a ticket to watch some asshole throw a ball into a basket or hit a ball with a stick. I don't want to belittle anyone because I'm sure there are brilliant people that watch this ****, but I don't understand how this can entertain any adult.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads