• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sheepdog149

Reaction score
Wore my RRL goatskin jacket the other night...kinda reminds me of an old school military wool jacket (British?)[emoji41][emoji1690]
20190129_165029.jpeg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with @LA Guy , the collar on the RMC is my favorite part of it.

Those Thedi suedes look amazing. The two brown/olive ones look like great substitutes for the blistered Stooges I used to have (then sold because I'm too thick for Rick now).

EDIT: Holy cow, looks like I've got another jacket to put on the long-term list. Those look absolutely brilliant. Love them.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
**** now I need that roughout trucker again.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agree with @LA Guy , the collar on the RMC is my favorite part of it.

Those Thedi suedes look amazing. The two brown/olive ones look like great substitutes for the blistered Stooges I used to have (then sold because I'm too thick for Rick now).

EDIT: Holy cow, looks like I've got another jacket to put on the long-term list. Those look absolutely brilliant. Love them.

Just as an FYI, the Rake's prices seem rather high for Thedi, even short of actually going to Greece...

sartoriale

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They are cheaper in Greece. You might want to talk to @sartoriale about that. They know.

Thedi Leathers is amazing. Theodoros makes some of the nicest leather jackets and belts in the world. He runs the show, with 2-3 helpers, all details have to be perfect and all done by hand, including the sand cast buckles, washing leather with peanuts, waxing them, etc.
Prices are a bit lower if you go to his shop, but I think he is pretty busy at the moment.
no cossack style but a pretty nice touring jacket we have on the site:
Thedi Touring.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
**** now I need that roughout trucker again.
If you need a jacket, it's probably the right one for LA. The unlined roughout means that it's going to be suitable for the biggest temperature range, and the grain side is very comfortable on the skin. Because it has the grain side, it's also considerably tougher than the same weight in split suede. And it's not really that heavyweight at all, while feeling a lot more substantial than a lot of designer jackets. I find myself going to it fairly often.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you need a jacket, it's probably the right one for LA. The unlined roughout means that it's going to be suitable for the biggest temperature range, and the grain side is very comfortable on the skin. Because it has the grain side, it's also considerably tougher than the same weight in split suede. And it's not really that heavyweight at all, while feeling a lot more substantial than a lot of designer jackets. I find myself going to it fairly often.

Stop it right now. I don't need additional justification.

Re: Thedi, this is the first time I've ever looked into them at all. Can I get the styles The Rake is offering made directly via Thedi (or somebody else)? Preferably with those badass contrast lapels. (with the possible exception of that awesome-but-not-$1800-awesome military canvas cafe racer)

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
board racer in black FQHH with a western yoke & red lining

FQHH that’s gonna be tough, good luck and post pics.

I have to admit that I tend to reach for the mid weight ELMC half belt about twice as much as the FQHH cafe racer. They are very different animals but the aero CXL feels so substantial and armor-like. I'm literally fighting it while driving until it warms up a bit. Feels like it will stop a bullet however. ELMC's Italian HH really is just such a perfect weight, it's sweater-like in comparison. I'm sure Shinki and Vicenza are just as comfortable to wear.

Shawl collar is calling to me.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@sartoriale your prices are MUCH more reasonable, in fact quite good I'd say.

One thing I wish Thedi would go easier on is the embossed logo/lettering. I.e., I could do without the V on the chest of the jacket below and without the Legendary on the pocket of that coat above. But that's just me.

I'm going to guess the cowhide on this jacket is pretty nice. Thedi does great padding IMO. Very 3D.

THEDI_LEATHERS_V_LEGENDARY_MOTORCYCLES_Brown_Cafe_Racer_Leather_Jacket_NEW10_large.jpg

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sartoriale Love that touring jacket. Not something I'd personally wear, but if I wore touring jackets I'd probably wear that one.

Let me just math quick:
Via Thurston, a custom Thedi biker starts at $1350. Goat seems to be an upcharge beyond that. Add in all the shipping and everything and it seems the total cost would be getting close to the $1800 TheRake is charging, no?

Also, I didn't know Thedi did canvas-and-leather jackets. I love canvas-and-leather jackets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics