• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the fb, I was kinda thinking about it since measurements are in my range and it seemed cheap for what it is but also thought there had to be more to it and hence why it hadnt sold yet, also pics on re-porter make it look dry and not too pliable which is not my cup of tea

joewood

Reaction score
whats up with that cd horse leather on b&s
I mean why is it still there if its apparently half what it used to sell pre-owned before
and can anyone vouch for the seller (he has no fb here for over 18 months)
Indeed the price is pretty good. I think it could be very nice. But I'm not sure if it's exactly the same jacket as in re-porter pictures? I'd love to see some regular fit pics. Seller said color is greenish black.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent post and very well said. I'm not wanting a Rick Owens just because it's Rick Owens. I love several of the styles, but I was hoping to get an understanding of just how much variance there is in the quality. $5k is indeed a huge purchase and not one I'd ever make unless I was in love with the jacket, I was just hoping to hear "rick owens veterans" thoughts on it compared to previous seasons.

What really confuses me is the huge variance in RO leathers... some are well regarded and are in the $2.5k price range while some in the $5k range seem to be strongly disliked. Are the $5K ones "experimental/runway" offerings compared to the others?

I'll check out superfuture, but what is sz?

Abraxis gave you a really good answer, but I'd also say to focus on the leathers that you see Rick wearing unless you really find something you love - the stooges, intarsia, bauhaus, and maybe one other. They're good designs and he's been releasing them every season for a reason. For the most part you probably don't want the bastardized versions of these with cashmere liners or hoods or whatever.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whats up with that cd horse leather on b&s
I mean why is it still there if its apparently half what it used to sell pre-owned before
and can anyone vouch for the seller (he has no fb here for over 18 months)

Yeah i haven't transacted with septseptsept before but he's posts regularly on sz so he's not just a classifieds lurker... I'd expect him to deal fairly. If that jacket fit me I'd have bought it by now.

It's probably still there since the design isn't super mindblowing... honestly most cd clothing isn't that interesting to me personally and I own a few pieces. The only stuff I really drool over other than the footwear is the laser cut leather jacket/pants. That said if I were to get another non-laser cut leather clothing piece from him it'd be that one you are talking about. The jacket might almost look repro in cut/design/wear, but the leather seems ridiculously awesome. But I like thick/armor like leather :)

Last edited:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly... I really like attachment leathers. Fit me great and use great leather. Clean design etc. They have more heavily designed ones too that are probably also great, but shrug. I'm definitely a low neck/moto collar guy though. CCP high neck is about as high as I'd ever consider and it's not that high compared to the jacket eckblk is getting or a rick owens high neck.. or julius jutneck

I have two that are basically this design. One of them has moto-ish zip pockets on chest and for hands and is fully lined, but basically same cut. 8x/10 I wear the lined jacket out of like the 8(? I don't even know) leathers I own (includes 3 ccp).

Last edited:

joewood

Reaction score
I enjoy some thicker leathers too and had a couple nice ones when I lived in canada, I just need them to be pliable even if its only after the break in period, but now here in socal I find them a bit overkill since I cant really wear them that often due to the weather mainly, having said that I'd jump on a ccp if he ever came out with something close to a moto design, I guess for now the high neck is the one from him I like the most but since I'm not in love with it I wouldn't pay the current pre-owned asking prices for it

I almost convinced myself to get that womens ccp from sz but somehow managed to talk myself out of it and I'm glad I did

my current grail is probably the ma+ moto but I cannot deal with those sleeves, I'm just too damn short and would need to tailor them which seems like a crime on such an expensive piece, so lately I've been looking more at some other brands that are rather new to me like rip, incarnation, backlash, etc, even considering going custom and definitely considering the upcoming sf x vanson x tb moto but also trying to learn more as I go along, I mean I'll lurk sz for a while but the petty catfights are so damn annoying
I think you might like http://www.styleforum.net/t/248835/...oot-shoe-thread-700usd-min/12045#post_7219359

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ that looks great man, I really like the throne collar, is that raw edged? previous season or recurring model?

Raw edged? you mean unfinished? don't think sooo but may be sometimes unfinished and sometimes finished. Yeah i think he produces that model in variety of colors/leathers every season with slight detail variations. It's just a great clean design with a great fit (Though some say its loose in the stomach region) made from great leather with riri zippers (Way better than Rick Owens, Julius and CCP zippers).

Yeah that layer 0 leather is great, but the used market is much smaller and retail is not cheap, but not ccp crazy. Where for awhile attachment has been around longer and there's more out there in the wild. It had less hype than julius so where a julius leather would be 1k+ you could find attachment for 600-800 pretty easily in new or lightly used condition.

Nowadays it feels more popular than Julius, but maybe only marginally. Not sure how that's affected prices.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ thanks a lot for the info, either of those (l-o or attachment) would work great for me, although I'm leaning towards the unlined attachment since I figure lined ones would be warmer and I prefer the cleaner design
now the hunting begins...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics