• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EdAno

Reaction score
Hi
How thick is lewis leathers jacket lining in red quilt?
Is red quilted lining suitable for spring and fall? And for mild winter?

I received my LL Dominator in black sheep today. It only took 4 weeks from ordering to receiving.
It will be interesting to see how it ages..

There was a smudge on the mirror. (seen below the LL patch). The gold letterings were too shiny to my eyes so I took a sandpaper to it.
IMG_7824-2.jpeg

MrProper

Reaction score
I received my LL Dominator in black sheep today. It only took 4 weeks from ordering to receiving.
It will be interesting to see how it ages..

There was a smudge on the mirror. (seen below the LL patch). The gold letterings were too shiny to my eyes so I took a sandpaper to it.
View attachment 1717832
Very nice.
Can I ask if it's a standard size or if you had it made to your measurements?
I ordered a Corsair and was told a delivery time of 12-24 weeks. And my No. 442 took 8 or 9 weeks. But all made to my own measurements.

EdAno

Reaction score
Very nice.
Can I ask if it's a standard size or if you had it made to your measurements?
I ordered a Corsair and was told a delivery time of 12-24 weeks. And my No. 442 took 8 or 9 weeks. But all made to my own measurements.
I had it customized on the sleeve length, body length, and hem width.
I was told 10-12 weeks initially. It was a pleasant surprise.

midwest

Reaction score
Sorry, the care label shouldn’t be grimier than that of a 70s jacket.

Get over yourself. We know the importance of breaking in leather. We also know the difference between patina and just poor condition. Furthermore the leather favored by fashion brands, which has its own merits, doesn’t tend to lend itself very well to hard wear. The concern isn’t unfounded.

Yeah, I posted a barely creased jacket the other day… because it had just arrived from the maker. I wear my jackets hard and well, as does everyone else here pretty much. This attack is ignorant and unfounded. Understatesman is the exception but he’d be the first to say he flips his jackets regularly, so he’s not exactly posing otherwise.

Looks like you had it right at the beginning.
What the ****? I guess I touched nerve? And no, I did not see your barely creased jacket post. Stop hyperventilating and start doing something to defy the stereotype of SF posters as as a prissy clique of wannabe gatekeepers.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What? You want us to pretend to be something we're not?

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the ****? I guess I touched nerve? And no, I did not see your barely creased jacket post. Stop hyperventilating and start doing something to defy the stereotype of SF posters as as a prissy clique of wannabe gatekeepers.

You came in here and jumped down our throats because many of us didn’t like a jacket you like. You then started screaming out that none of us know what a jacket is.

How are we the gatekeepers?

This thread has been consistently good at giving people feedback and advice at all budgets. Is your idea of a better setup to just say yes to everything? Kind of does a disservice to people asking questions.

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks good on you. Kinda fits your vibe.

Thanks man.

This fits you well and looks great. Almost a field jacket vibe, which usually looks off in leather, but this one nails it.
i'm a bit surprised at how much i like the belstaff , it's got a lot *going on* with the 1.5-breasted (? lol) and raglan combo sleeves but it adds up in a really great way

fits really well too

Something drew me to this jacket and I only saw it online, although was looking for something completelly different.
Totaly awkward details, like heap patch pockets on what is kind of asymmetric jacket, usually associated with moto styles. Then color, I wasn't really looking for what seamed more like brown, but IRL is actually quite olive/drab.
Was pretty much prepared to go through return process.
But then when I put it on, was instant keep. Helps that it was like 60% off.

One more thing. Suede is heavy and thick. For what is essentially a fashion brand I am pleasantly surprised.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene