• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, this fit is better than pretty much all the stores/blogs out there.

Thanks man - appreciate it! This is definitely my favorite fit I have put together so far.

Pose is extremely bizarre though lol.

Don’t be jealous that ur not center of attention w the leather jacket fit. Just start wearing a bandana again on heed.

Haha hey I think that jacket and the whole outfit is aces. Pose remind me of one of the creatures in resident evil on the ps1

Pose was fine **** all that noise

Lol come on now, it's a little awkward and stiff! But it's not a big deal at all. Great jacket. Love that shape, I think it's the same as the ad01 for the most part.

By and large, thanks guys. Unfortunately, I am fairly aware that I will never be a professional model. Leaving aside my looks, posing has never been my strength. Just an awkward, middle-aged-ish white dude.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man - appreciate it! This is definitely my favorite fit I have put together so far.

By and large, thanks guys. Unfortunately, I am fairly aware that I will never be a professional model. Leaving aside my looks, posing has never been my strength. Just an awkward, middle-aged-ish white dude.

Just keep wearing the jacket and you'll be cool in no time

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is the FCL Leon, right, with the quilted lining? Thoughts on how warm it wears? This one is on my short list and it hits all the design points for me, but I am concerned about it running hot.

eric I believe

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People are just haters and jonesing. You are lean and tall and have a beautiful jacket. I think it fits you great. Some people like the shoulder seams to be a .5 inch higher but if they were, the sleeves would be even shorter.

Not a fit issue, but I wish that collar was a little smaller but nothing is perfect.

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree- the collar makes the jacket. Kinda the whole point. Looks great.

Good pun. I would prefer it slightly smaller but we all have slightly different tastes for a reason. Overall, I love the jacket.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200527-103845_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200527-103837_Instagram.jpg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Newcomer I am curious as to why you picked the Eric over the James. I see the James is a shiner leather and there is not a lot of fit pictures on that but the fit does appeal to me more (from the two pictures Self Edge posted).

I'm trying to figure out plan B if the brown Leon Custom doesn't work for me as Self Edge only gives store credit.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Newcomer I am curious as to why you picked the Eric over the James. I see the James is a shiner leather and there is not a lot of fit pictures on that but the fit does appeal to me more (from the two pictures Self Edge posted).

I'm trying to figure out plan B if the brown Leon Custom doesn't work for me as Self Edge only gives store credit.

Well, my budget was $1950 and I really didn't want to fork over that last $25.

But seriously, I didn't really like the back of the James and I preferred the thicker horsehide of the Eric (my Roberts uses the thinner horsehide). Further, I prefer the fit of the Eric on the model.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

But seriously, I didn't really like the back of the James and I preferred the thicker horsehide of the Eric (my Roberts uses the thinner horsehide). Further, I prefer the fit of the Eric on the model.

that would be such a SF thing to do.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got it. It is a beautiful jacket and I did not even notice the $25 difference. I do prefer thicker hides and I do like that it does not have the back adjusters as the Himel I ordered does have them and the more different a jacket is from another in my rotation, the better.

Let's see if the Leon works for me. If not, I may get the Eric as I wouldn't want to spend three more bills on the Delraiser.

Anyone here have the Flat Head Delraiser?

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped over at self edge to try on a fine creek Leon since I had a tough time getting a feel for sizing based on online information and photos. Most of what I have seen looks a little disproportioned (hard to put my finger on it, but the cut seems a little off).

I’m 6’ and ~180 lbs, tried a size 44 and it didn’t quite work for me. Zipper pull was very catchy and the fit was slim in some places but bulky in others. Bit of a bummer since I think the aged pictures look great online, suppose the cut just doesn’t work for my body.

Ended up comparing it to a flat head delraiser and the two felt a large step apart in terms in detail and quality (and the horse hide itself).

Walked out with a size 44 delraiser that I am really stoked on, I’ve always been a fan of the flat head and I’m excited to break in an accompanying piece to my real McCoy buco j-25.

Couple pictures of the jacket below,

Found an older post with the Delraiser. I thought it looked short on the model and I think this confirms it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads