• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is why there is a price difference on those. Shinki is vegetable tanned.

yeah like you I assumed they only really did veg tan leathers, but Himel's shinki suede horse is described as chrome tanned.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah like you I assumed they only really did veg tan leathers, but Himel's shinki suede horse is described as chrome tanned.
I have never seen a smooth chrome tanned horse leather by them but I guess it could exist.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Addict AD-01 delivered this morning! My first proper leather jacket and the horsehide feels substantial but its not particularly heavy. Definitely quite stiff. Snapped up a few pics below!
View attachment 1394789
View attachment 1394790
View attachment 1394791
View attachment 1394792

Based on first impressions, I’m quite pleased with it. Curious to hear any feedback on fit?

Looks fantastic. I've read that many Fedora Lounge guys feel addict is a direct copy of Lewis Leathers. While that may be the case, Addict jackets look so much better to me in pictures. As I don't ride a motorcycle, I'd prefer the HH to be as you describe. I don't need armor...or armour (as the Brits would say).

Love that style, so versatile. I'd like to try one of the sheep models as my cafe racer style jackets are both HH.

Enjoy!

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked into it but my understanding was that synthetic Kevlar jackets are much safer and breathable for riding and that you need pants as well because the most common injuries are ankle fractures

Lem87

Reaction score
Fit pic at Hmart wearing my responsible respirator and Hmart-provided plastic gloves.

Nine Lives Mas O Menos in medium.

View attachment 1394198
Brown shearling would match the respirator much better.... J/K...seriously though, how are your Tom Hardy impressions?
Well, when you are hot you can wear clothes oversized, undersized, or nothing at all and you still look good.
Sorry. I cant help but notice that Andy Allo is getting very little credit for being Andy Allo here.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C2BE954C-DA78-4207-B6D1-07FF8B91A1B5.jpeg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pose is extremely bizarre though lol.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t be jealous that ur not center of attention w the leather jacket fit. Just start wearing a bandana again on heed.

Haha hey I think that jacket and the whole outfit is aces. Pose remind me of one of the creatures in resident evil on the ps1

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol come on now, it's a little awkward and stiff! But it's not a big deal at all. Great jacket. Love that shape, I think it's the same as the ad01 for the most part.

man_of_seal

Reaction score
Looks fantastic. I've read that many Fedora Lounge guys feel addict is a direct copy of Lewis Leathers. While that may be the case, Addict jackets look so much better to me in pictures. As I don't ride a motorcycle, I'd prefer the HH to be as you describe. I don't need armor...or armour (as the Brits would say).

Love that style, so versatile. I'd like to try one of the sheep models as my cafe racer style jackets are both HH.

Enjoy!

Thanks! Yeah, it’s barely been a day since I’ve had it and I’ve already started eyeing their sheepskin jackets lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics