• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

malakas

Reaction score

Mainly the jackets are made out of calf & baby calf whereby some models vary significantly in thickness and cut. For example a leather shirt was super tightly and had extremly heavy calf but a rider had a wide cut and very thin calf...

cant seem to find many fit pics of their jackets...they seem to be cut very short

Emixam

Reaction score
incarnation SS11 styles use thinner leathers than FW10. The SS11 riders uses the calf 0.8mm for example (for FW10 it uses the baby calf 1.2mm same as the leather shirt or front zip jacket - these are quite thick and heavy).

BTW the caucasian model for SS11 is ruining all the fit pics, the jackets all look like **** on him.

The master himself :
Incarnation18.jpg

Baby calf 1.2mm - color/texture are pretty accurate
IncarnationFW10standcollarmoto.jpg

121.jpg

Calf 0.8mm
incarnationss11-calfskindyeddoublezip.jpg

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incarnation is serious ****, you are making me want to go to Tokyo this weekend just to head to Lift to see the new collection and try it on

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

you have the milk intartsia, dont you? do you wear it often, is it hard to wear and is it hard to maintain?

any pics?

I rarely wear it, maintenance since ok but then I don't do anything special to my leathers.

No pics I think, I posted a crappy one but it was before I stretched it a little bit (first wearing) and the pose was awkward so it doesn't really showcases the jacket at its best. Can't find it now anyway...

malakas

Reaction score

I rarely wear it, maintenance since ok but then I don't do anything special to my leathers.

No pics I think, I posted a crappy one but it was before I stretched it a little bit (first wearing) and the pose was awkward so it doesn't really showcases the jacket at its best. Can't find it now anyway...

i remember the pic, i actually thought it looked quite good

i like the idea of owning a jacket in that milk color, but actually wearing it is another thing

is it a hard color to wear?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i remember the pic, i actually thought it looked quite good

i like the idea of owning a jacket in that milk color, but actually wearing it is another thing

is it a hard color to wear?

+1, thought the exact same thing

modalsaliency

Reaction score
So, random question. I'm visiting Sweden in about a week, and while Stockholm wasn't on the itinerary I was thinking of dropping by to visit the Obscur flagship store. My tastes are generally too minimalist to really get into the whole gothninja xXxSephirophxXx thing, but I've always offhandedly followed the brand for reasons passing understanding. I think probably because while RO at least makes some token effort at making things you can wear in public while still taking yourself seriously, Obscur gives no *****. Which is a little endearing, in a sort of perverse meta way.

Anyway. Nobody I know actually owns anything Obscur though, which is not at all surprising. Has anyone who has handled it able to comment on the quality of the leathers and the stitching? I would assume it's not on par with Japanese brands in in the vein of wjk, though I heard he's using a new supplier of hides this year. One of the FW 11 designs is appealing to me but I'm not sure if it's worth the trip.

Last edited:

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard Obscur quality is pretty decent on a lot of their jackets.....definitely not 'bad'.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads